Discussion Your Most Favorite/Fun Deck to Play.

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
Hello PokeBeachers!

My local league had a fun deck day and some came up with insane ideas (Rotom Toolbox, Regi Box, etc). So I wanted to see what fun and creative decks you've put together and had fun with it. It doesnt need to be competitive and expect to win games but fun to play. This can be standard, expanded or both.

Right now my mind is thinking Koko spread, Necrozma GX damage spread and Aegislash (Break Point) double damage counters for multiple knock outs! Or using special conditions to annoy your opponent (except Guzma says "NO!")

So open your minds and express what is fun to you!

Wechselbalg

brb
In an attempt to try and make the new unit energy cards remotely useful (Standard obviously) I made a deck centered around the W/G/R Unit Energy, Salazzle-GX, promo Lurantis and Pheromosa-GX and SLG Shaymin as techs. It's basically just a rush deck that tries to get as many KOs asap with Salazzle and revenge kills with Shaymin/Pheromosa. I guess I find it fun because I'm tired of playing the same current T1-T2 decks over and over? Other than that it's not amazingly interesting or anything - then again I was bored of the Rotom Tool deck too after about playing 3 matches with so I guess I'm just a bit burnt out with the game right now.

I guess Hippoark in Expanded is also fun (credit goes to @jessalakasam who I think was the first to post the idea of the deck on these boards and that's how I got the idea to build it myself)

Last edited:
In an attempt to try and make the new unit energy cards remotely useful I made a deck centered around the W/G/R Unit Energy, Salazzle-GX, promo Lurantis and Pheromosa-GX and SLG Shaymin as techs. It's basically just a rush deck that tries to get as many KOs asap with Salazzle and revenge kills with Shaymin/Pheromosa. I guess I find it fun because I'm tired of playing the same current T1-T2 decks over and over?
Hey, that doesn't that bad. (Well, yes bad, but fun.) I'm going to try to build that now haha.

THB

Well?
My favorite deck to play is Greninja Break, I don't play as much now a days but I still enjoy picking it back up and playing it. It will more than likely become my expanded deck when that day comes.

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Can't play nothing else for a long time apart from my Ninja Box deck made for expanded format. No mirror matches ever. And what makes it amazing?

- You have a different strategy for almost every matchup
- It is very flexible so you can adjust your deck depending on the meta
- It has nearly no autoloss as long as you tech the right pokémons for the situation
- It has a high learning curve
- Your opponent never knows what to expect
- It is still very consistent (even without too many draw supporters)
- Win rate easily stays over 50% at high tier when you get the hang of it
- You have a lot of nifty awesome tricks you can pull with the deck (donk, stall and mill, hit for numbers over 350dmg without weakness)

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Latias-EX PLF 85
* 1 Comfey GRI 93
* 1 Buzzwole-GX CIN 104
* 1 Machamp-EX AOR 90
* 1 Regirock PR-XY XY49
* 1 Sudowoodo GRI 66
* 1 Entei-GX SLG 10
* 1 Pheromosa-GX UPR 140
* 1 Jolteon-EX GEN 28
* 1 Magearna-EX STS 110
* 1 Mewtwo-GX SLG 39
* 1 Shining Mew SLG 40
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Unown AOR 30
* 1 Glaceon-EX FCO 20

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Mallow GRI 127
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 1 Scramble Switch PLS 129
* 1 N FCO 105
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Korrina FFI 95
* 1 Colress PLS 135
* 1 Karen PR-XY XY177
* 3 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 3 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Field Blower GRI 163
* 1 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 1 Sky Field ROS 89
* 2 Pokémon Communication BLW 99
* 1 Wide Lens ROS 95

##Energy - 10

* 2 Rainbow Energy SUM 137
* 4 Prism Energy NXD 93
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
My favorite deck I've recently thrown together is a Mew-EX toolbox sorta deck. Runs three Mew-EX, a couple FCO Mew, and Zoroark. I used Metal Energy and included Metal techs like Celesteela-GX to help with Gardevoir. It's fun, and I've snuck a few wins with it, but I don't think I'd take it to a Regional let alone a League Cup lol.

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
I have a really fun Jolteon EX/Glaceon EX/Garbodor deck. It was really fun because you were able to lock your opponent T1/T2 from attacking. But with the release of Tapu-Lele GX and Guzma it's not so strong anymore.

The deck included FFB, Max Elixir, Ninja Boy Rough Seas (which is rotated), Hoopa EX and it worked without Tapu-Lele GX.

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
I have a really fun Jolteon EX/Glaceon EX/Garbodor deck. It was really fun because you were able to lock your opponent T1/T2 from attacking. But with the release of Tapu-Lele GX and Guzma it's not so strong anymore.

The deck included FFB, Max Elixir, Ninja Boy Rough Seas (which is rotated), Hoopa EX and it worked without Tapu-Lele GX.

Still playing Jolteon/Glaceon in expanded and it can still work if you know how to deal with Guzma and Tapu Lele when you face evolution decks:

You still need to use Glaceon-Ex to stall and when Tapu-Lele comes in and puts damage counters on Glaceon-Ex, you need to Ninja Boy into something like Tauros-Gx or Machamp-Ex for a return OHKO on Tapu-Lele. So you use Glaceon-Ex to stall, OHKO Tapu-Lele with Machamp-Ex, get usually OHKOed in return. Then you put your next attacker into the active and Ninja Boy it back into Glaceon-Ex. Rince and repeat while trying to focus down their basic pokémon attacker.

Last thing is making sure you do not give the win by letting your opponent pick easy prizes off your bench with Guzma. This is achieved using Parallel City, Unown and Ninja Boy to clear your bench of those "easy-to-pick" prizes. Ninja Boy into Unown a Tapu-Lele or a Shaymin will remove the prize off the bench and recycle it back into your deck. Using either Regirock or Electrike with the omega trait is really helpful also. You can stack energy on one of those pokemon to ensure you have a safe backup attacker ready when the time comes (you Ninja boy that pokemon when you are ready to use it). Omega Trait will prevent Guzma or Lysandre from working. Just note that this will not work against Lycanrock-Gx's Thristy eyes or Escape Rope.

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
Okay, my favorite deck is my main deck: Fairy Box. It's very similar to the Ninja Box deck described by Laurier, and is a total blast. It even has fairly good matchups. I have an Ancient Trait Regirock to counter energy denial decks, but it can steal some cheeky one-shots on stuff like Drampa, which people will try to use as much as possible if they have it, since my deck is full of special energy. Then Coballion makes my actually have a pretty good Gardevoir matchup. It's an absolute blast, and has a massive learning curve, similar to most energy moving and/or tool box decks. I'll never be able to say I've mastered it, but I can definitely say I've gotten quite good at trolling with it. The best hing to do it play Sky Field and then fill up your bench with 8 unique Pokemon, while attacking with another unique one. It's frankly beautiful.

Other fun decks are Wailord and M Tyranitar Bats. One for being a kinda weird deck that's refreshing to play, and one because of big numbers. Two-shotting has never been funner than with Destroyer King.

EDIT: I completely forgot about unlimited, which is lame, since I play it a ton. Thanks to King Quagsire for posting, which reminded me. I love me some good good Crobat donk. I'm awaiting the day I come across some poor, unsuspecting soul who doesn't know about the different formats and un-knowingly let's me get away with playing my unlimited deck.

Last edited:

King Quagsire

Ruler of Route 212, Scourge of the swamp
Gengar - Decidueye GX for standard, either a Noctowl variant or Flygon-Yanmega for expanded. For unlimited, Cradily and EVERYTHING

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Okay, my favorite deck is my main deck: Fairy Box. It's very similar to the Ninja Box deck described by Laurier, and is a total blast. It even has fairly good matchups. I have an Ancient Trait Regirock to counter energy denial decks, but it can steal some cheeky one-shots on stuff like Drampa, which people will try to use as much as possible if they have it, since my deck is full of special energy. Then Coballion makes my actually have a pretty good Gardevoir matchup. It's an absolute blast, and has a massive learning curve, similar to most energy moving and/or tool box decks. I'll never be able to say I've mastered it, but I can definitely say I've gotten quite good at trolling with it. The best hing to do it play Sky Field and then fill up your bench with 8 unique Pokemon, while attacking with another unique one. It's frankly beautiful.

Other fun decks are Wailord and M Tyranitar Bats. One for being a kinda weird deck that's refreshing to play, and one because of big numbers. Two-shotting has never been funner than with Destroyer King.

EDIT: I completely forgot about unlimited, which is lame, since I play it a ton. Thanks to King Quagsire for posting, which reminded me. I love me some good good Crobat donk. I'm awaiting the day I come across some poor, unsuspecting soul who doesn't know about the different formats and un-knowingly let's me get away with playing my unlimited deck.

I would be interested in your Fairy Box list if thats ok with you.

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
I would be interested in your Fairy Box list if thats ok with you.
Sure! It's not pretty, but here it is:

Pokemon: 18
2x Darkrai EX DEX
2x Spritzee XY
2x Aromatisse XY
2x Zorua LTR
2x Zoroark GX PR
1x Genesect EX PLB
1x Hoopa SLG
1x Aegislash EX PHF
1x SHaymin EX ROS
1x Verizion EX PLB
1x Regirock PR
1x Coballion STS
1x Charizard EX GEN (it's actually the FA Promo one, but there's so many promo Charizrards, I said GEN so you know it's the Combustion Blast one)

Trainers: 31
3x N DEX
3x Professor Sycamore PHF
2x Skyla BCR
2x Pokemon Fan Club FLF
1x Lysandre AOR
1x Hex Maniac AOR
1x Shauna FCO
1x AZ PHF
1x Colress PLS

4x VS Seeker ROS
3x Ultra Ball ROS
2x Level Ball AOR
2x Muscle Band XY
2x Max Potion EPO
1x Rescue Stretcher CRI
1x Computer Search BCR

1x Sky Field ROS

Energy: 11
4x Prism Energy NXD
4x Rainbow Energy XY
2x Double Colorless Energy FCO
1x Plasme Energy PLB
Sorry it took me so long to respond. I only have the deck irl, so I had to sort it and type it out by hand. It actually kinda helped, though. I realized I'm breaking my personal rule of not running two Skyla. I'm going to have to fix that. This is the list as is, though. I hope you like it!

semurphy444

Aspiring Trainer
Hello PokeBeachers!

Right now my mind is thinking Koko spread, Necrozma GX damage spread and Aegislash (Break Point) double damage counters for multiple knock outs! Or using special conditions to annoy your opponent (except Guzma says "NO!")

I've been on the A'Slash deck hype for months, Welcome aboard!!! Do find it tough to get the energy, if you do may I recommend Vikavolt! (My current list does play Vika-GX & thinned A'Slash down to a 2-2.)

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/green-gold-black-sword-necrozma-gx-aegislash.141813/

A different fun/annoying strange deck; is a 0 energy Alolan Golem-GX (using Victini & Shining Celibi) to Defense Curl (Alolan Geodude) (75%) And then MaxPot+Puzzle+Energy Discard+ All the other Mill Techniques

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Sure! It's not pretty, but here it is:

Pokemon: 18
2x Darkrai EX DEX
2x Spritzee XY
2x Aromatisse XY
2x Zorua LTR
2x Zoroark GX PR
1x Genesect EX PLB
1x Hoopa SLG
1x Aegislash EX PHF
1x SHaymin EX ROS
1x PLB Verizion EX
1x Regirock PR
1x Coballion STS
1x Charizard EX GEN (it's actually the FA Promo one, but there's so many promo Charizrards, I said GEN so you know it's the Combustion Blast one)

Trainers: 31
3x N DEX
3x Professor Sycamore PHF
2x Skyla BCR
2x Pokemon Fan Club FLF
1x Lysandre AOR
1x Hex Maniac AOR
1x Shauna FCO
1x AZ PHF
1x Colress PLS

4x VS Seeker ROS
3x Ultra Ball ROS
2x Level Ball AOR
2x Muscle Band XY
2x Max Potion EPO
1x Rescue Stretcher CRI
1x Computer Search BCR

1x Sky Field ROS

Energy: 11
4x Prism Energy NXD
4x Rainbow Energy XY
2x Double Colorless Energy FCO
1x Plasme Energy PLB

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I only have the deck irl, so I had to sort it and type it out by hand. It actually kinda helped, though. I realized I'm breaking my personal rule of not running two Skyla. I'm going to have to fix that. This is the list as is, though. I hope you like it!

Thank you for the list. I get where you are going with the deck. You swap between attackers using Darkrai Ex with Aromatisse instead of using Ninja Boy. Cobalion kinda replaces Jolteon-EX and Verizion Ex replaces Comfey. Charizard is for fire weakness obviously.

Hopefully i will somewhat get my hands on Aromatisse to try the deck out someday. I do not have any Zoroark Gx and Computer search also but it is obviously not an absolute must. Just curious to know what decks give you a lot of trouble? Not having either Jolteon-Ex or Karen must make the Nightmarch matchup difficult? What about Trevenant? Is Darkrai the solution? Do you often loose because your opponent Guzma/Lysandre your bench?

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
Thank you for the list. I get where you are going with the deck. You swap between attackers using Darkrai Ex with Aromatisse instead of using Ninja Boy. Cobalion kinda replaces Jolteon-EX and Verizion Ex replaces Comfey. Charizard is for fire weakness obviously.

Hopefully i will somewhat get my hands on Aromatisse to try the deck out someday. I do not have any Zoroark Gx and Computer search also but it is obviously not an absolute must. Just curious to know what decks give you a lot of trouble? Not having either Jolteon-Ex or Karen must make the Nightmarch matchup difficult? What about Trevenant? Is Darkrai the solution? Do you often loose because your opponent Guzma/Lysandre your bench?
Since I only have it irl, it mostly goes up against decks from people at my league. I've beaten Gardevoir (though it was a newer player) and Golisopod, but it does have problems with Greninja. Luckily, nobody at my league plays Night March, since my only hope against that would be Aegislash. Trevenant is probably also a tough match, but maybe you could counter that with Zoroark to get through item lock and easily one shot it? If people knew the mathchup better, I'm sure they would target my bench more with Lysandre/Guzma, but I still try to make sure my energy are arranged in a way that minimizes Lysandre/Guzma's effectiveness. I try to make it impossible for them to truly ruin me with one gust effect. It makes them either have to leave Aromatisse up, which I can use to just move other energy wherever needed, or they can take out one or maybe two energy. If played correctly, Guzma and Lysandre aren't that big a deal.

Cheach

Aspiring Trainer
I'm currently determined to build an awesome Tapu Koko GX Deck. Especially with the release of Volkner. It's super fun

I'm still working on a solid list but think along these lines:

x4 Tapu Koko GX
x4 Baby Drampa GRI
x1 Tapu K0ko Promo
x4 Volkner (Ultra Prism)
x4 Acerola
x4 Super Scoop Up
x4 Choice Band
x4 Fighting Fury Belt
x4 Field Blower
x4 Pokemon Fan Club
x4 Cynthia
x3 N
x4 Aether Paradise

It's super fun seeing people's reaction to me playing this. I've been testing it at league and it does surprisingly well