General What Are the Best Nicknames for Each Pokémon?

zappy800

loves dat rain<3
Hello and welcome to umm this. This is my first thread so mods move it please if it is in the wrong spot. Anyways this thread is to debate what nicknames represent any species of pokemon the most. So debate the best names. Now as WPM would say "Discuss!".

Mod Note: Remember to elaborate on what makes your favorite nicknames the best to you. Give reasons, not just lists!
~Frezgle

Pineapple X

former local demigod
RE: Best nicknames for each pokemon?

Oh, I seem to say this pretty often - but I frickin' love you for making this thread.

Hmm. Your team seems cool. I can't come up with any more names than Sensei the Sawk, though. I have a Sawk named Sensei. :3

My fave nicknames for my own Pokémon are:
  • Bad Wolf the Arcanine (only Whovians understand)
  • Tardis the Pidgeot (Whovians rule this thread. ;P)
  • Mexican the Ludicolo <3
  • Kraftwerk the Rotom
  • J-Dittz the Ditto :)3)

I'm so clever, am I not? And, y'all, name your Noiverns Skrillex.

98Greener

tree noises

I'll help.

Zebstrika: Capala. It's a name meaning lightning. And quick.
Marcactus: Yuma. It's just means desert, because cactus's are found there,
Unfezant: Araceil. It means alter of the sky.
Darmanitan: Sara. Changed a bit from Sera, a Latin name meaning burning one.
Stoutland: Royal. I came with this one on my own.
Sawk: Doji. I just came up with this on my own.

zappy800

loves dat rain&lt;3

98Greener said:
I'll help.

Zebstrika: Capala. It's a name meaning lightning. And quick.
Marcactus: Yuma. It's just means desert, because cactus's are found there,
Unfezant: Araceil. It means alter of the sky.
Darmanitan: Sara. Changed a bit from Sera, a Latin name meaning burning one.
Stoutland: Royal. I came with this one on my own.
Sawk: Doji. I just came up with this on my own.

Thanks I will use those and Pineapple's names and edit that bit out. These forums rock!

zappy800

loves dat rain&lt;3

Ok to get discussion here who thinks Sparky Lightningstrike is a good pikachu name? You get a cookie if you know the youtuber I stole that from.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant

zappy800 said:
Ok to get discussion here who thinks Sparky Lightningstrike is a good pikachu name? You get a cookie if you know the youtuber I stole that from.

I guess its a good name for a Pikachu

altho I hate to be a Nancy Negative but that is way past the (current) 10 character limit so it can't be done in game

my nicknames:
-Maggie the Shinx (don't ask why)
-Tobias the Gallade (if you get the fictional reference then I love you)
-Ducksauce the Blaziken (yes, this is real)
-Pancake the Solrock
-Waffle the Tentacruel

(the last 3 are from my current Emerald playthrough)

Rhodes

Aspiring Trainer

Dragonite-Draco
Metagross-Meta
Tyranitar-Tyro

LOL Now that's original!

Pineapple X

former local demigod

I just remembered one I had in my Emerald playthrough - Chickslap the Blaziken.

I'M SO FUNNY JUST ADMIT IT ALREADY

zappy800

loves dat rain&lt;3

P.DelSlayer said:
zappy800 said:

I guess its a good name for a Pikachu

altho I hate to be a Nancy Negative but that is way past the (current) 10 character limit so it can't be done in game

my nicknames:
-Maggie the Shinx (don't ask why)
-Tobias the Gallade (if you get the fictional reference then I love you)
-Ducksauce the Blaziken (yes, this is real)
-Pancake the Solrock
-Waffle the Tentacruel

(the last 3 are from my current Emerald playthrough)

Mmmm Mmm pancakes. Anyways of course it is shortened to sparky. Personally for me I call blaziken mcnugget.

Frezgle

Winged Death
RE: What ar your best nicknames for each Pokemon?

I've updated the the original post of this thread. To keep discussion worthwhile in future posts, remember to elaborate on your name choices.

For example, I've taken to naming Pikachu "Chubrat". You can pronounce it as either "chub rat", or "chu brat", and they both sum up my attitude towards it.

zappy800

loves dat rain&lt;3

Frezgle said:
I've updated the the original post of this thread. To keep discussion worthwhile in future posts, remember to elaborate on your name choices.

For example, I've taken to naming Pikachu "Chubrat". You can pronounce it as either "chub rat", or "chu brat", and they both sum up my attitude towards it.

So do you prefer chubby pikachu? Like in Red.

Frezgle

Winged Death

zappy800 said:
So do you prefer chubby pikachu? Like in Red.

Yup. I think it had more character and personality, and actually resembled a rodent. Its current design doesn't really match any real animal I can think of. :/

Here's a few more of my usual nicknames:
"Stripes" for Dunsparce: It's kind of stupid and self-explanatory, but sometimes a simple name is the best kind.
"Bitey" for Rattata/Raticate: This is one of those names that I've been using since I first started playing Pokemon. It's dumb, but I can't let go of it for some reason. Occasionally has variants like "Bitey Jr.", "McBitey", etc.
"Howitzer" for Metagross: A howitzer is sort of like a cross between a cannon and a tank. I chose this name for Metagross because both exude raw firepower and ruggedness.
"Sarah" for Girafarig: One of the many names I obtain from a few degrees of separation. Girafarig's name is a palindrome. Palin. Sarah Palin. Sarah.
yes, even the males.

zappy800

loves dat rain&lt;3
RE: What are the best nicknames for each Pokemon?

For me:
Charizard: torch yup I always did.
Squirtle: Squirt lol im original.
Mudkip: tank since he is a tank.
All i remember right now.

Mixie

The Nobody

Lets see off the top of my head:

Grape (Venomoth)-> This is a nickname that has stuck around since the first few years that I've the games. If I had to list a reason why I always name my Venomoths "Grape" I would probably say it is because it is purples? I dunno the nickname fits in my mind xD

Squishy (Solrock)-> It is because when I first saw it I thought it looked like it could be squish-able. I now now that it is a rock and can't be squished but I still use this nickname anyways.

Doodle (Smeargle)-> Yeah this one isn't too hard to figure out. Pokemon with a paintbrush on its tail and thus it must my doodles with it!

Stardust (Cleffa,Clefairy,Clefable)-> Yeah I started to do this when I saw the anime episode with the Clefairys wanting to go to the moon or something. To the stars, my pink fairy like critters!

Sheriff_K

Eevee Breeder

I named my Dewott 'Dew Drop', best name ever. I'm not evolving him into Samurott btw..

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer

Imma name my Froakie Croakin, because the other 6th gen starters names end in in, but Froakies didn't.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod

Azumarill- navi -because now he will be fairy type and navi is the name of the fairy in legend of zelda and is a cute nickname for a rabbit in hebrew

there are many cool and funny nicknames for pokemon in random wifi battles video on youtube

Uralya

*ponders everything*

I've had a fascination with Hydreigon since B/W's release, and my first properly EV-trained in-game one was named Okoya. Okoya is the main antagonist of the Star Shards trilogy by Neal Shusterman, a member of an otherworldly race of light beings that consume human souls for food. Okoya, upon assuming a human form, was of both genders, so I use this nickname for every Hydreigon I raise. As a destroyer of worlds, I feel that it fits Hydreigon quite aptly.

I'll try to remember some of my other nicknames later.

~AoH

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.

Since Meowstic doesn't show emotions and is usually frowning, the perfect nickname for one (preferably a female) would be Grumpy Cat.
Oh, yeah and it works for Purugly too!

Chowder is the perfect nickname for a Munchlax since they look so alike body shape-wise and that they both love to eat!
h11FFEA50

Yep. Need I say more?

And whenever I catch an Axew I simply HAVE to name it Spike or Barb depending on gender.

Btw, this is my 100th post! Rejoice! :D