Ruling Using stadiums twice.

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
Is there an official memorandum, or something of that sort to support using a stadium twice in a single turn?

Situation:

Brooklet Hill was put into play by my opponent last turn, I have field blower and brooklet hill in hand.

I use brooklet hill, field blower away my opponents brooklet hill, play my own and use it again. I thought this was perfectly legal since the original brooklet hill "forgets" when it leaves play, and the new brooklet hill hasn't been used. Am I wrong? This was at a local league, and one of the judges told me that this was illegal.

Help please! Thank you all for your responses ahead of time!

EDIT:
The only thing I have found in the Compendium so far is this:
Q. Could I use the effect of a Stadium card already in play, then play a Stadium card from my hand to remove the old stadium, and still be able to use my new stadium's effect?
A. Yes, provided you have not already played a Stadium card that turn [and the new one has a different name]. (Nov 6, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

This sort of agrees with me, but not really.

Last edited:

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
It's completely legal.

Thank you for the reply. I would like to be able to show the judge a ruling or memorandum, or something of that sort, but I have been unable to find anything of that sort. I was hoping to find someone more knowledgable and experienced to help point me in the right direction? I just want to be able to have something concrete, because this judge will challenge me and without something to show him, he will not change his mind.

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, I found it. This can be closed now.

Thanks all!

Q. Can I use the effect of a Stadium like Rough Seas, then play Delinquent to remove the Stadium, then play another Stadium of the same name as the original and use its effect too?
A. Yes, that is permissible. (Feb 25, 2016 TPCi Rules Team)

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
I loved doing that with rough seas and I love telling people that you can when they tell me otherwise

Otaku

The wise fool?
You can understand their confusion over the matter... at least at first. For me, it just reminds me of why they added the rule about playing one Stadium per turn. Obviously, there weren't any rules about Stadiums originally because they didn't start showing up in the game until five or six sets in (for releases outside of Japan). Once Stadium cards were introduced, they only rule was that there could only be one Stadium in play at a time (overall, not per player). I remember using Stadium cards like Healing Fields or Lucky Stadium and, whether the effect worked or not, playing another copy to try again. :)

Then we got the rules about not being able to play more than one Stadium card per turn and being unable to play a Stadium if another copy of it was already in play.