• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Ultra Squids (Ultra Necrozma/Malamar)

Zamuron

Aspiring Trainer
Warning! This list has been changed!

Pokemon:
3x Ultra Necrozma GX Forbidden Light
3x Malamar Forbidden Light
3x Inkay Forbidden Light
1x Necrozma GX BUS
1x Dawn Wings Necrozma GX ULP
1x Mimikyu GRI
2x Tapu Lele GX GRI

Trainer:
3x Cynthia
3x Guzma
3x N
3x Sycamore
2x Brigette
4x Ultra Ball
4x Mystery Treasure
3x Field Blower
1x Rescue Stretcher
1x Professors Letter
3x Choice Band
3x Float Stone

Energy:
9x Psycic Energy
3x Metal Energy
1x Beast Energy Prism Star

The main attacker of the deck is Ultra Necrozma, using its photon geyser.
To keep on using it, we run the upcoming malamar. But it can only accelerate to benched Pokemon, so we run DW Necrozma GX, though I would like to go to two maybe. We also have Mimikyu and Necrozma GX, for the fairy matchup (yes, I know theres mew, but I don't have those and don't wanna spend money on something rotating soon) plus it also has a nice GX attack, witch helps for the lower damage it does.
There's also mystery treasure, helps a lot with consistency. Translations below

Ultra Necrozma-GX – Dragon – HP190
Basic Pokemon (Ultra Beast)
[P][M] Photon Geyser: 20+ damage. Discard all basic [P] Energy from this Pokemon. This attack does 80 more damage for each Energy card discarded in this way.
[P][M] Destructive Light GX: This attack can only be used if there are 6 or less total Prize cards remaining in play. Place 6 damage counters on each of your opponent’s Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)
When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Mystery Treasure – Trainer
Item
Discard a card from your hand in order to play this card.
Search your deck for a [P] or [N] Pokemon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.
You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Malamar – Psychic – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Inkay
Ability: Psycho Recharge
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may attach a [P] Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.
[P][P][C] Psy Missile: 60 damage.
Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Retreat: 2

#36 Inkay – Psychic – HP60
Basic Pokemon
[P] Hypnosis: Your Opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Asleep.
Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Retreat: 1

Beast Energy Prism Star – Special Energy
You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.
This card provides [C] Energy.
While this card is attached to an Ultra Beast, it provides every type of Energy but provides only 1 Energy at a time. The attacks of the Ultra Beast this card is attached to do 30 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon (before applying Weakness and Resistance)

Last edited:

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I don't know if Pal Pad is that needed, as is the 2nd BUS Necrozma, but other than those 2 spots, I wouldn't change anything about the list. Baby Mew is solid and Mimikyu is too, since you want a 1 prize attacker.

Zamuron

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know if Pal Pad is that needed, as is the 2nd BUS Necrozma, but other than those 2 spots, I wouldn't change anything about the list. Baby Mew is solid and Mimikyu is too, since you want a 1 prize attacker.
Just saw I forgot Rescue Stretcher!
-1 pal pad
+1 Rescue Stretcher

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
I like it, and was planning to run this deck myself. However, you can use Altar of the Moone to get around the Benched Pokémon part, and, if you needed it, Beast Ring for even more energy.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi Zamuron,

Nice list. Consider these modifications:

Pokemon:
- 1 Necrozma GX (one will be sufficient)
+ 1 Mew, Mimikyu, or Lunala Prism Star (nice to have a non-GX attacker; I would even consider to remove on of the three Ultra Necrozma and run Mew and a second non-GX)

Trainer:
- 1 Ultra Ball (three suffice with four Mystery Treasure)
- 1 Choice Band (three suffice with Beast Energy
- 1 Pal Pad (not needed in this list)

+ 1 Rescue stretcher (Pokémon retrieval is allways nice)
+ 1 Professor's Letter (worked real well for me in my list)

Energy:
- 1 Metal Energy (three suffice with Beast Energy and Professor's letter)

+ 1 Psychic Energy (needed to draw into them to be discarded fast)
+ 1 Beast Energy (Ultra Necrozma and Dawn Wings necrozma love this card)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Nah, 4 Ultra Ball, 4 Myst. Treasure is what you want to run. Even if you don't use all of the Ultra Balls, having more consistency than necessary can only mean the deck runs great. You want 2-3 Malamar and 1 fully set up Ultra Necrozma T2 at least.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Nah, 4 Ultra Ball, 4 Myst. Treasure is what you want to run. Even if you don't use all of the Ultra Balls, having more consistency than necessary can only mean the deck runs great. You want 2-3 Malamar and 1 fully set up Ultra Necrozma T2 at least.

In my test runs Professor's Letter turned out to make the deck more consistent than the fourth Ultra Ball because it searches out Basic Energy that can be used to find the Metal to attach to either Mew or Ultra Necrozma GX and a Psychic energy to discard with the total of seven Pokémon search items. I also run two Brigette and two Tapu Lele GX.

Zamuron

Aspiring Trainer
I changed the list a little with the advice guys. (I'll highlight the changes below)

Pokemon:
3x Ultra Necrozma GX Forbidden Light
3x Malamar Forbidden Light
3x Inkay Forbidden Light
1x Necrozma GX BUS
1x Dawn Wings Necrozma GX ULP
1x Mimikyu GRI (I was gonna wait for league to find som non ex/GX attackers, but I found a Mimikyu, so I guess we're playing it. Swapped with Necrozma GX)
2x Tapu Lele GX GRI

Trainer:
3x Cynthia
3x Guzma
3x N
3x Sycamore
2x Brigette
4x Ultra Ball
4x Mystery Treasure
3x Field Blower
1x Rescue Stretcher (swapped pal pad, cuz you need Stretcher)
1x Professors Letter (swapped Choice band for it, to get energy faster)
3x Choice Band
3x Float Stone

Energy:
9x Psycic Energy
3x Metal Energy
1x Beast Energy Prism Star (swapped a metal Energy for it, because it's a rainbow Energy with damage boost)

I will not however, remove a fourth Ultra Ball!
Considering altar of the moone.

LifePartTwo

Aspiring Trainer
Are you going to reliably hit a metal energy by turn two? I am worried an enhanced hammer on your beast energy might set ya back

Zamuron

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, ya might wanna edit the original post so It's less confusing. I like the list though
Edited the original post for ya. And thanks!

Are you going to reliably hit a metal energy by turn two? I am worried an enhanced hammer on your beast energy might set ya back
Well, it's just one we run. I am also a little worried with getting t2 metal Energy, but what could I cut?

gumball51321

*thumbs up*

Well, it's just one we run. I am also a little worried with getting t2 metal Energy, but what could I cut?
Beast Energy or a Brigette. If you need the damage from Beast Energy bad enough, you can just attach a Psychic from hand. Plus the deck plays 3 Band. I mean, 240 for potentially only 2 Psychic discards is cool, but It's almost unrealistic or just plain easier just to get the 3rd Psychic instead. And 220-240 isn't an important number to hit right now. And the Brigette-1 with 8 Pokemon search is nice and plentiful.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar

That was the reason I suggested to run 1-2 Professor's Letter. It allows you to search out the Metal Energy when needed in addition to one Psychic Energy to be discarded with Mystery Treasure or Ultra Ball. Cut one Ultra Ball for a second Professor's Letter and the deck will run a lot smoother based on the test runs I had with this deck. You do not need eight search cards with Tapu Lele GX and Brigette.

AverageAvenger

Canadian Card Fox
In case you want to have something to sub for a Metal energy that can help out nicely, might I suggest Unit Energy LPM?

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
In case you want to have something to sub for a Metal energy that can help out nicely, might I suggest Unit Energy LPM?
But why? Metal Energy can't be Hammered, and searched by Prof's Letter. The only thing it would even be remotely useful for as of right now would be Mimikyu, which is more of a side attacker anyway. Yeah, you could tech Celesteela, but Gardy has to invest a crazy amount of resources to OHKO an Ultra Necrozma with only 1 Energy just to be revenge KO'd by yet another Ultra Necrozma. The tradeoff not only doesn't make much sense, but if greatly hinders you.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
But why? Metal Energy can't be Hammered, and searched by Prof's Letter. The only thing it would even be remotely useful for as of right now would be Mimikyu, which is more of a side attacker anyway. Yeah, you could tech Celesteela, but Gardy has to invest a crazy amount of resources to OHKO an Ultra Necrozma with only 1 Energy just to be revenge KO'd by yet another Ultra Necrozma. The tradeoff not only doesn't make much sense, but if greatly hinders you.

Gardevoir GX needs no more than either two energies and a choice band or three energies to ohko Ultra Necrozma GX. This amounts to 120 damage which is doubled since Ultra Necrozma GX is weak to fairies. Would still cut one Ultra Ball for a second Professor's Letter based on my own test runs with a rather similar list.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Gardevoir GX needs no more than either two energies and a choice band or three energies to ohko Ultra Necrozma GX. This amounts to 120 damage which is doubled since Ultra Necrozma GX is weak to fairies. Would still cut one Ultra Ball for a second Professor's Letter based on my own test runs with a rather similar list.
Yes, and it would only need 1 more Energy to OHKO a set up Celesteela. Which kind of defeats the purpose, since the tradeoff from basic Metal to Unit Energy enables Enhanced Hammer.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Yes, and it would only need 1 more Energy to OHKO a set up Celesteela. Which kind of defeats the purpose, since the tradeoff from basic Metal to Unit Energy enables Enhanced Hammer.

Most importantly Unit Energy cannot be searched out from the deck while Professor's Letter can be used to search Basic Metal Energy in addition to a Basic Psychic Energy that can be discarded to fuel Malamar.