Writing The Ruins of Alph Rules and Guidelines

SinnohTrainer17

ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
RE: Writing Corner Rules

IIRC, PMJ wrote a storyline for a game titled "Pokemon Shroob" a while back. I have been working on one in a similar format for a little while and it seems to follow the rules posted here. Are these types of stories allowed? If so, is this the proper forum for something like this? Thanks!

Zyflair

Yes, sir. Of course, sir.
Advanced Member

I am really iffy about that. If it does have the same quality as PMJ's, then I suppose we can allow it here, as the Fake Creations probably wouldn't be that kind to it.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Shroob is not a story. It's a game. That's why it's in Fake Creations. Think of it like a storyboard in text form.

Crystal Hikara

Gone
RE: Writing Corner Rules (Updated Sept. 14th 2010)

Added a new rule, with the flurry of new stories popping up in the Corner that aren't following the rules. More like a proper procedure sort of thing than anything, but please take note of it.

ShAdOwSniPeR

Trust me... I'm a professional.

Can we write screenplays? Like the ones that contain:
Cut To
Middle Shot
Close Up

Another question can we write something not pertaining to Pokemon?

Zyflair

Advanced Member

Apollo is right on the first question. As for the first one, I really advise against it; scripts are usually poorly done and few - if any - people can get them to reach even close to the calibre of actual fictional literature.

ShAdOwSniPeR

Trust me... I'm a professional.

I have some experience with it. I'll write one so you guys can see if its good or not. I mostly act an edit but I write my own scripts.

I

Incinermyn

RE: Writing Corner Rules and Guidelines (Revised Jan. 29, 2011, Please Read)

Update: These rules have been revised somewhat to better define/outline what qualifies as acceptible fiction here in the Writer's Corner, and some new conditions have been added to the pre-existing rules.

I

Incinermyn

Hmm... Guess you have a point, but the only serious ones are on rules 1, 3, and 13. Otherwise, there were just several edits and additions I made to a few others that I felt were a bit unspecific or too open-ended and easy to misinterpret as they were...

DSJ

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Does the first rule count for short stories too? I just want to know before I post one.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member

Quote rule 1:

Revised: Poetry is exempt from this rule so long as it is of decent length and/or posted with other poetry or a short story; likewise, short stories must be of at least two pages unless several poems are posted along with them. Prologues as well have to be of the minimum page-limit unless the first chapter is included in the first post of the fan fiction. Also, updates such as character biographies, personal commentaries, etc. can be posted so long as they give some sort of significant insight to the story, its characters, its plot, and settings.

According to Apollo, the answer is yes.

I

Incinermyn

RE: Writing Corner Rules and Guidelines (Revised 3/28/2011. Please Read)

Just to make a quick note... I went through and re-revised the first rule yet again, doing away with my leeway policy and resetting some of the previous allowances back as far as poetry and short stories are concerned, while also adding a few personal notes and minor minimums. This should stop any confusion caused by my previous revision, which at the time didn't seem so bad, but now had to be changed since I saw a major flaw...

~Apollo

The Creamed Corn Cheron

Aspiring Trainer

Just wondering, does each chapter HAVE to be at least 1,000 words cause I have a finished story that I want to post here but some of the chapters are like 800 words. Thanks.
LINK
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=81714&highlight=John%27s+Johto+Adventure

Zenith

||||

You need to have at least 1000 words of story in each post. If chapters are shorter than that, you will need to put multiple chapters in each post.

Zyflair

Advanced Member

I don't know where exactly this question belongs, but I might as well spur up a discussion here:

I've noticed that in the span of my absence, the archives have went away. Is there a reason behind that? IF not, I'd definitely like to get it back up and running.

Zyflair

Advanced Member

I offer something simple: Make the archives, but rather than having the all of the stories in the OP, simply have each author make a post, each editing their one to maintain it. All you'd have to do is maintain each new author that comes by.

Eldír

☆Aiming for the Stars☆
RE: Writer's Corner Rules & Guidelines

Can we make a thread for poetry?

I want make one for my poems.

Zyflair

Advanced Member

All poetry is completely exempt from the minimum requirement, while short stories and chapter previews should at least come close to it but are still allowed so long as they display significant writing ability. However, it is strongly advised that writers couple poetry under ten lines long and short stories under the prerequisite length into compilation threads to help eliminate clutter in the Writer’s Corner, especially if they intend to post more than one or two poems/short stories within a short time-span.
In short, yes. If you're only writing short poems, keep it all in just one thread.

Alan

No Items. Not Ever.

Does this forum allow warstories? I might write one up if it does :)

and if it doesn't, it should. it might add to the popularity of this forum.