SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
safariblade said:
This is now the place to discuss Brawl. You can ask for battles here but if you are talking to just one person about a fight you should take it to profile comments.

Thanks!

Lieutenant Houndoom

Back from the...
RE: Super Smash Brawl Characters

Let's see, almost every character appearing in Melee should appear, and the Knight thing from firby is called Metanite.  No kidding. By the way, delete the rest of the threads you accidentally posted.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Meta Knight, not Metanite.

And where is this confirmation for DK in Brawl?

So far, the list of confirmed characters:

Mario
Fox
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Link

Pit
Meta Knight
Wario
Zero Suit Samus (not an actual character)
Snake

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Agh. Knew I was forgetting someone. Added Link to the list.

bacon

!!!!!

What new characters do you think are likely to appear? I have a feeling Waluigi might be playable, he's been appearing in alot of mario games (not surprisingly) lately after all.

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member

somehow I wouldn't be suprised if muchlax would be playable, he's the only DP pokes that has been in 2 english games (dash and XD, beating you with his enormous speed (cough) and eating your food), well, bonsley lsoa ppeared in 2, but as a statue XF

bacon

!!!!!

Oh, Diddy Kong probably. then again, they might keep the same ammount of characters*.

*decent characters, not copies of others eg mario-drmario, CptFalcon-Ganondorf etc etc etc....etc....

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

I love Dr. Mario. He's my #1 character. He is similar to Mario, but there's no way I can just switch between the two. I've tried, and I just can't do it, I'm way too used to Doc.

Yoshi is all but confirmed; just take a look at the stages seen. Being part of the original 12 helps too ^_^

My friend said that the level with the statues is from Resident Evil 4, but I think he's a little mixed up. Granted, I've never played any Resident Evil game for more than five minutes, so he could be right, I don't know. I think that it's Snake's level.

Shade Daroach

dr. mario fun (makes ppl take drugs :p)

i heard that sonic will be in it.and tails. but no knuckles!!!!!

Alchemist_Almighty

Don't camp the baby...

Oh god, if Leon is playable....hawt.

I really want to see some Castlevania action. Anyone want to see Simon Belmont or Soma Cruz make an appearance? They could work out sort of how Link works, with an extendable throw (whip it!) and special moves that represent the different weapons used in Castlevania games such as the Axe, Knife, Holy Water, etc.

And......Marth better be in it. Or Ike from Path of Radiance.

My wishlist:
Simon Belmont -or- Soma Cruz
Dracula (duh)
Django (Boktai FTW)
Megaman (NOT Battle Network or I'll kill you, Nintendo)
Zero
Link changing into wolf form for a super move
Lucario

Other oddities:
I want a character resembling a Wii-mote. Just one of those quirky, ridiculous characters that you can unlock for laughs, like Game and Watch was. Nothing really extraordinary, but really fun to play as. Maybe one of his special moves involves him ramming into the TV screen and "shattering" it, distorting the view for a bit, lol.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

DK I got from my smashbros files in nintendo power and he was one of the first characters shown.:)

abaxter94

Peach is staring into your soul

This is only making me wan't a wii more:(...
anyway, It would be cool if sonic and tails make an apearence. Nobody put capt. falcan on the original list either.
I liked young link. He was my favorite. My brother is good with fox. Fox, just too much speed, not enough controll.
I like it how mario/dr. mario is anti samus. With his little cape he deflects about 2/3 of samus's attacks, and mario has just the right balance of speed, controll, power, jump, and powers.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Samus is, in my opinion, one of the best characters. She has good moves, she's fairly quick, and she has the most insane recovery I've ever seen.

xxashxx can you get a scan of this confirming that DK is in Brawl?

I think Sonic stands a good chance of getting in.

Captain Falcon isn't on the list because he hasn't been shown to be confirmed in Brawl. I said Yoshi is all but confirmed because a Yoshi-esque level is shown, but so far we've seen nothing that would suggest Captain Falcon's inclusion in Brawl.

He is one of the original 12, though, so he stands a good chance of getting in.

Dr. Mario is a solid character. He's at least average in every category, except recovery... he's not too great there.

Shade Daroach

guys i just hit the jackpot i found all of em.
ill only list link and a few.

zelda charicters:
link,young link,saria!,navi!,moon,skull kid,zelda,deku,goron,dampe,poe,dark link,ganandorf,sheik,zora,gerudo,tingle,redead.

sonic x:
sonic,tails,knuckles,shadow,amy,eggman.

and lats but not least:
megaman nt warrior.

but i think its fake...

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Yeah, that's totally real, I mean, the Moon is totally a feasible character.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

I have heard that young link is gone and the regular link is still in but I am not sure.:)

abaxter94

Peach is staring into your soul

I think Nintendo should chose between marios. I can't see any difference between dr. mario and mario, except for their looks. Can some one point out the difference?