• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Rainbow Raod (STD)

MrOptimistic

Aspiring Trainer
hkLSgFn.png

This decklist is actually on PTCGO as I find it easier to just show the cards in use etc.
(If this isn't allowed please let me know)

So I'm only running two Xerneas as I dont have my 3rd online yet. However I would switch out 1 Counter Energy for the 3rd Xerneas.
I've been told that running Glaceon GX is a smart move due to Zoroark GX being such a threat with big benches, but I'm not really sure I like 3 types of energy (i'd take out Counter Energy if I ran Glaceon) however I don't know if it is or isn't competitive, I'd like some views on it if possible.
Now the only reason I run Counter Energy is because of the lower count of Xerneas, I like having backup attackers, and as of yet I'm not too clued in on who would be a better backup attacker other than Garvantula and Bisharp as they only cost one energy, and garv is a dual type so hits a bunch of stuff for 2x damage.
I also run Parallel City because it is the one stadium that cripples the deck, and if I get it out before my opponent, they can't play over the top of mine.

My main question is, who should I take (if anyone) as a backup attacker?
Also is there a more competitive build other than this?

Many thanks.