Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: January 2018 - Grass Types ~ Update: Image-Based Finally Up!

Nyora

A Cat
Chesnaught HP 200 Fighting
Stage 2 - Evolves from Quilladin

No. 652 Spiny Armor Pokémon HT. 5'03" WT. 198.4 lbs.

/Ability/ ~ Crazy Spikes
Once during your opponent's turn, (before their attack) they may put 2 damage counters on 1 of your Pokémon.

[F][F][F] Insanity Hammer 160
At the end of your next turn, if this Pokémon is your active Pokémon, has enough Energy attached to it to use Insanity Hammer, and has not already used an attack during this turn, this Pokémon uses Insanity Hammer. This Pokémon can't Retreat during your next turn.

When it takes a defensive posture with its fists guarding its face, it could withstand a bomb blast. Its Tackle is forceful enough to flip a 50-ton tank. It shields its allies from danger with its own body.

Weakness: Psychic x2
Resistance: None
Retreat: 4
Just to justify 200 HP, the last Regigigas card before CIN had 140 HP (Phantom Forces I don't count the promo, simplicity, y'know?), this one has 180, so this Chesnaught is literally the same jump in HP.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
roserade_ex_fa_by_bbninjas-dc0h58v.png

Yup, I'm actually entering this month! Roserade seemed fitting, being one of my favourite 'mons, and it never received any EX treatment. Took me ages to actually think of a half-decent spoiler though... >.>
Credits to Asche for the blank + resources, Neko for the textures and Haychel for the base art for my trace.

Ref:
Tear Out - Tapu Fini-GX
Chaos Root - Cinccino FCO, Accelgor PLB, Ampharos-EX

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
This Card Will follow the DP era. I incorporated Mega pokemon as an alternative to Level Up pokemon. I also assume Dragon & Fairy exist in this era

Sceptile Lv.M HP140 [G]
LEVEL-UP (Put onto Sceptile)

Poké-BODY - Gl
Each [G] Pokémon that has any basic [G] Energy card attached to it

[G][G][C][C] Power Sniper
Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. This attack does 80 damage to that Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon). Move 2 [G] energy attached to Sceptile to one of your Benched Pokémon.

[Put this card onto your Active Sceptile. Sceptile Lv.M can use any attack, Poké-Power, or Poké-Body from its previous Level.]
Weakness - [R] +30
Resistance -
Retreat Cost - [C][C][C]

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
This Card Will follow the DP era. I incorporated Mega pokemon as an alternative to Level Up pokemon. I also assume Dragon & Fairy exist in this era

Sceptile Lv.M HP140 [G]

Poké-BODY - Gl
Each [G] Pokémon that has any basic [G] Energy card attached to it

[G][G][C][C] Power Sniper
Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. This attack does 80 damage to that Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon). Move 2 [G] energy attached to Sceptile to one of your Benched Pokémon.

[Put this card onto your Active Sceptile. Sceptile Lv.M can use any attack, Poké-Power, or Poké-Body from its previous Level.]
Weakness - [R] +30
Resistance -
Retreat Cost - [C][C][C]
The pokebody doesn’t seem finished, just pointing this out so you know

King1313

Aspiring Trainer
My Entry:
shaymin_pb_cac_by_dashking2007-dc0lslg.png

I referenced from:
Empoleon DEX (formating)
Evosoda
Frozen City
Thoughts:
Shaymin is my all time favorite grass type so I decided to go with it. Shaymin is a pokeon of growth like its pokedex entry states so I choose to involve it with evolving your pokemon. As for Seed Flare Shaymin is frail but doea a lot of damage in the games so why not in cards?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Yep. I'm in for text ( is this how I enter)
This is how you enter, yeah, but the text-based portion is unfortunately full at this time. Keep watching this thread since people may drop out; otherwise, you could try your hand at the image-based portion?

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
The server crashed on me while I was posting. It didn't properly save my card. too bad.

Guess I take the Edit Penalty.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This card is based on DP era cards. To incorporate Mega Pokemon into this Era's card, I treat them as Level Up Pokemon. Lv.M stand for Mega

Sceptile Lv.M HP 140 [G]

Poké-POWER - Forest Glider
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a card from our hand. If you do, switch your Active Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon. This power can't be used if Sceptile is affected by a Special Condition.

[G][G][G][G] Power Sniper

Weakness - [R] +40
Resistance -
Retreat Cost - [C][C][C]

Registeel379

Aspiring Trainer
This is how you enter, yeah, but the text-based portion is unfortunately full at this time. Keep watching this thread since people may drop out; otherwise, you could try your hand at the image-based portion?

No don't think I can sad face

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Just a reminder for those in the text-based portion: don’t forget to submit an entry by the deadline, and if you don’t think you’ll be able to do that, be sure to drop out in the next 24 hours as to incur a penalty!

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Very unfortunately I just didn't have the time this month. Super sad but I'm gonna have to drop.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Here it is. I'll come out with inspiration and honorable mentions for my idea later.

Attachments

• Torterra-GX-grass-create-a-.jpg
    Torterra-GX-grass-create-a-.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 131

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
Alright, I'm just going to randomly generate the Pokémon for this month.
I can't add images to my post for some reason. Is there something I've missed while I was gone?

Bellossom / Stage2 / HP: 120 / Grass
~ Evolves from Gloom

[ NO. 182 | Flower Pokémon | HT: 1'4" | WT 12.8 lbs ]

[Ability] Blooming Garden
Each of your [G] Pokémon's attacks costs [G] less.

[C] Quiver Dance
Search your deck for 4 cards, and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C]

Dex Entry: If you see a group Bellossom dance while it's raining, there's a high chance they're trying to summon the sun.
CaC Promo 01/2018

Not really that interesting of a card or anything, but it feels like I have to learn how to fake again. So yeah, this is a decent start I guess.

Edwin Santander

Aspiring Trainer
because im dyslexic with vision problems i'm dropping out this month too hahaha, maybe the next month i will meet the requirements.. maybe..

Yog

Rogue
I didn't think I'd have time this month. But surprise surprise, I do! So I'd like to enter. Also, here is my entry :v

8J4s2ir.png

I never really understood Decidueye's Ghost typing. I mean, I get the sniper under cover of darkness stuff, and even the extinct owl references - but that is not enough to qualify for Ghost type imo. But here we are, and it was enough to get my cogs turning.

I like in the TCG that that placing of damage counters is a very Ghostly thing to do, and I like the regular Decidueye-GX snipe ability, so I got to thinking about how those two could be combined in a [P] type Decidueye. I came up with this (very possibly waaaay too OP) GX attack. With three [G] type Decidueye on the bench, and this fella in the active, you could very quickly and easily get yourself into a position where you can sweep the entire bench in one attack.

I had to tone it down a bit so I did limit it to just the Bench and not anywhere at all :v I also gave it a pretty horrible attack cost on both attacks (which can be lowered with Dimension valley in Expanded of course).

But the biggest tempering of it's power is simply having it also be a Decidueye-GX card. So you can only have four in the deck, and how do you maximise benefit from both the [G] and [P] types? It would be pretty difficult for sure. But on the plus-side, you get a mixed weakness deck a lá Gardevoir/Gallade, and of course you get to compress your mons since a 4-4-4 offers you multiple strategies and you don't need to mix lines of two different Stage 2s. I guess Lycanroc Day & Night forms does this a bit, but the cards don't particularly compliment each other to the point where it's worth trying to make it work. I think with this card, it would certainly be worth a try, and would be a new (old) type of build we haven't seen in a while. Could work with these alt type cards we'll be seeing more of too.

Also it gets slammed by Zoroark and a full bench :cry It would lead to some interesting strategy though. As an opponent, you will be trying not to ever let the damage on your bench mount to half your total HP or you are in trouble, so there are reasons to both fill your bench and keep it empty.

The ability is the same as the recent Spiritomb. A decent ability, that can easily be played around - but would be very beneficial if it were on a card that can actually do some damage too. Especially in a snipe deck. The second attack is similar to Trevenant XY. A little more powerful to scale up to today's standards, but again with an awkward attack cost because the card already has a lot going for it.

The attack names are terrible archery puns :p And Decidueye's Z-Move seemed fitting for the GX attack considering what it does.

SM era card. References: Trevenant XY, Honchkrow GRI, Umbreon-GX, Spiritomb SLG, Oricorio GRI

These three stocks images combined for background:
https://darkdevil16.deviantart.com/art/Foggy-Forest-Stock-273653117
https://wyldraven.deviantart.com/art/Moon-STOCK-147754760
https://fairiegoodmother.deviantart.com/art/FGM-Premade-Background-048-309498743

This set of swooshes:
https://resources.psdbox.com/textures/colors-motion-light-textures-pack

And as ever, the wonderful Aschefield for template & symbols & font guide and all that good stuff.

Oh and the main render of Decidueye is official stuff from the Pokken games : https://i.imgur.com/Si0LNfS.png

Anything else you see in there is my own Photoshopping.