Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: April 2018 - Member's Pokemon ~ Official Judging Up!

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Too bad the text based is full already. I'm don't have the skill for image based, looking forward to see you entries guys

Nyora

A Cat
Violet’s Luxray HP 150 Lightning
Stage 2 - Evolves from Violet’s Luxio
NO. 405 Gleam Eyes Pokémon HT: 4’07” WT: 92.6 lbs.

[L] Queen’s Glare
If the Defending Pokémon has any Special Energy attached to it, you may leave the Defending Pokémon Paralyzed and your opponent can’t play any Supporter cards from their hand during their next turn. If you do, this Pokémon can’t use Queen’s Glare during your next turn. If the Defending Pokémon does not have any Special Energy attached to it, put 5 damage counters on it.

[L][L] Thundering :knife: 100+
If this Pokémon or any of its previous Evolutions were damaged by an attack during your opponent’s last turn, this attack does nothing. If this Pokémon has no damage counters on it, this attack does 50 more damage.

Beware of this special breed of Luxray, it has learned to use a knife!

Weakness: Fighting x2
Resistance: Metal -20
Retreat: 2
Pidgeot-EX EVO 64 ~ Looking for wording on Thundering :knife: for the correct wording in being damaged during the opponent’s turn.
Charizard GEN RC5 ~ Double-checking wording for “previous Evolutions”.
Luxio UPR 47 ~ Double-checking wording for Supporter lock in Queen’s Glare.
You are awesome, Violet <3 Anywho, I was originally creating a bunch of cards for a bunch of members and then I would randomize it so I don’t feel guilty but I realllyy liked this idea. I always felt really nervous around Violet so that’s where’s Queen’s Glare came from Queen’s Glare was combined from Violet’s Queenlinesses (?) and Luxray’s amazing EYES. The effect of Paralysis is obvious, and Supporter lock makes sense too. The just plain placement of damage counters is a bit weird, but that’s what Violet does to people whatever. Thundering :knife: is very cool, and pairs well with Queen’s Glare so you cannot take any damage, so you can actually use the attack, and it makes it more difficult to counter it and stop Thundering :knife: from happening because of Supporter lock. I think both attacks are balanced, as they both require maybe not hard but not exactly easy to achieve effects in order to actually be good, and even so aren’t too overpowered.

baconbasket

Aspiring Trainer
Is it too late to join for Image? I think I could make something awesome!

EDIT: Thank you for adding me! I forgot to add I need a partner >.<

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
/in for image

Spent an hour or so thinking about what I might do for this month and I think I've got just the thing. :D

blahblahbal

Aspiring Trainer
I actually finished this up a while ago, but just now remembered that I signed up xD.

Gekki's Kartana - Basic - Metal - HP110
Ability - Brotherhood of the Blade: This Pokémon's attacks do 10 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon for each Aegislash on your Bench.

[M][M][C] Bladey Bois 90-
This attack does 10 less damage for each Aegislash your opponent has in play. If this Pokémon's remaining HP is 60 or less, this attack does 20 less damage for each Aegislash your opponent has in play.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance: [P] -20
Retreat: 2

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Here's my entry!

Lord Goomy's Goodra/Dragon/180 HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Lord Goomy's Sliggoo

[Ability] Tidal Wave
Once per turn, (before your attack) you may search your deck for a Goomy, Sliggoo, or Goodra and put it onto your bench. If you do, put 2 damage counters onto this Pokémon for each Goomy, Sliggoo, or Goodra on your bench.

[W][W][W] Ya Bois! 100
This attack does 20 more damage for each energy attached to your each of your Goomy in play. Flip a coin for each Goomy in your discard pile. During your opponent's next turn, their active Pokémon's attacks will cost [C] more for each heads.

Weakness: [Y] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

A good Goodra! (I hope :rolleyes:)

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
xrukbsa.png

Some of y'all might not know @Keeper of Night. He's awesome and used to be around here a lot more, but doesn't come by the site so much now. If you poke around, you'll find his mark on quite a bit––he hosted a round of The Challenge, as well as the second iteration of D&D on this site. He even used to do a fair bit of text-based faking. I've also met him IRL and can tell you that yes, he is exactly how he seems.

Anyway, Cradily's sorta Keeper's thing. His birthday is the unofficial "Cradily Day" of the site, wherein everybody in the know has to change their avatar to a Cradily for the day and refuse to tell anybody why until the day after at the very least (the only acceptable explanation is "It's Cradily Day!"). I'm not totally sure why either, but he really seems to like the rock-plant-thing.

So here ya go, Keeper. This one's for you.

Thanks to ...

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Unfortunately, due to my work load outside of these forums, I will not be able to participate this time round. Apologies for the inconvenience, and good luck to all those taking part.