Discussion Mega Scizor EX

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
Please tell me my local league isn't the only one with this problem. Mega Scizor EX is EVERYWHERE in my local leagues! I get that it's cheap and consistent, but this just seems nuts to me! Over 25% of the players in my nearest league play Mega Scizor. The same league also doesn't see any meta cards except for Buzzwole, and even the one Buzzwole here is paired with Scizor! I am so confused, and a little scared that this bug is taking over! It's ridiculous and, frankly, overused.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Your league is the only one with this problem. I have not scene anyone play Scizor in 6 months

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Insanity or super secret regionals deck or perhaps you live in a place abandoned by time cuz scizor hasn't been a think in like ever

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Scizor hasn't seen tournament play since early last season...I don't know what to tell you dude. Maybe play Volc?

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Is your meta full of Gardevoir? That may be the cause but do what others are saying and play Volcanion.

Alex Sableye

There's only like one Gardy, and that person is me...this is the main reason I'm so freaking fed up with these stupid bugs! My only problem is I'm broke and only have one Volcanion. That, and Volcanion is just outsped by Scizor. The only deck I've been having success with is Night March.
Side note: I did beat one with Alolan Exeggutor and Venusaur, but that was because my opponent dead drew almost every turn.

Xatian

Aspiring Trainer
Scizor isn't really a competition to volc at all. I mean yeah money is a thing and volcanion isn't what I would call cheap. But it's gonna be your best bet

Draskk

Blast From The Past
There's only like one Gardy, and that person is me...this is the main reason I'm so freaking fed up with these stupid bugs! My only problem is I'm broke and only have one Volcanion. That, and Volcanion is just outsped by Scizor. The only deck I've been having success with is Night March.
Side note: I did beat one with Alolan Exeggutor and Venusaur, but that was because my opponent dead drew almost every turn.
You could probably sell your Garde deck and build Volc with that money. And, Volc should actually way outspeed Scizor; Volc has all the Energy acceleration and is a Basic while Scizor is a Mega that needs 2 Energy.

Alex Sableye

You could probably sell your Garde deck and build Volc with that money. And, Volc should actually way outspeed Scizor; Volc has all the Energy acceleration and is a Basic while Scizor is a Mega that needs 2 Energy.
How much would it sell for? On average?

Alex Sableye

I'd be surprised if any of them trade Volc. But we shall see. We shall see. *evil grin*