Finished Mafia XLVIII: Motfia

Status
Not open for further replies.

simsands

Half raccoon, half chipmunk
Am I not special enough to get my name abbreviated? :(

You and me, bb </3

And he was correct, it was too early, we were still in that RVS/fluffy phase. BB didn't put an actual vote on him either, it was a pressure vote, he wasn't constructing an actual case. OMGUS is OMGUS when they do this when the person they voted for was building a proper case against them. Otherwise it's not OMGUS, and no one's automatically suspicious.

Reading up on something, gonna post about it if I find anything interesting.

I kind of want to disagree with this. OMGUS doesn't require a vote on you for it to be regarded as valid. OMGUS is, in my opinion, when you get overly defensive when someone pressures or votes you, and attack them back.

Holy crap y'all talk a lot.

They sure do. Do you not have any other thoughts so far?
--

Regarding this Gekki case. I really don't see him as scum from how he has been acting. He saw someone who he previously has played with act weirdly and has since attempted to argue for why he thinks TE's scummy. The actual case is hard to put weight behind though, as I don't know how experienced TE is. We know he has experience, but we don't know how much, I think. The scummiest thing about TE is his lack of activity since the focus shifted towards him.

However, if anything, I'd like to argue that bb's and Lorde's votes on Gekki are scummy. As I understand it, something similar happened last game which resulted in Gekki flipping town D1. If I'd have to choose one, then I'd say Lorde, for deciding to jump on the wagon shortly after bb placed his vote there.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Lord o da rings

Draskk

Blast From The Past
However, if anything, I'd like to argue that bb's and Lorde's votes on Gekki are scummy. As I understand it, something similar happened last game which resulted in Gekki flipping town D1. If I'd have to choose one, then I'd say Lorde, for deciding to jump on the wagon shortly after bb placed his vote there.

##UNVOTE
Thanks for saying what I was about to say for me. :p
Fixed version:
Yup, you said something like "the only semi-viable vote" was TE, which implies you weren't looking that hard.

What was the main reason then? The bolded is weird, because you respond with "TE is not new" whenever I'm saying that TE is acting like a new player (and so those 'scumtells' are not tells), yet you acknowledge that Discord mafia is way different to forum mafia. So, TE is effectively "new".

The first sentence of your post suggests that you've been looking elsewhere, whereas this part shows that you haven't. Which is it?

Nope, each site has their own HUGE differences. Especially the other site that I play on. Eitherway, it is also weird that in your experience, people play similarly across sites, because by that logic, TE is playing similarly to the other sites he played, and so it doesn't make sense for you to think that the claiming could be scummy.
Just because I'm not looking in the same places you are doesn't mean I'm not looking. I don't think the cases on Quaking or Jade have any substance to them, hence TE being the only semi-viable vote.

My point was that TE is not as new as someone like TLS last game, who has no Mafia experience whatsoever. My main reason for voting him was that he didn't say why you were acting strange in that vote, and he just kind of dropped it and left.

Once again, just because we don't share the same reads does not mean I'm not looking for scumtells.

Whatever. :/

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
As for Gekki, I have a fair amount of posts of his that are pinging me the wrong way, and will compile them in a couple of minutes. And for the record, Gekki's biggest personal scumtell is his mindset on the game, which I'm def. seeing from this one.

##UNVOTE
Gekki wouldn't have been lynched last game if it wasn't for the fact he claim seer and that he didn't use it though.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
As for Gekki, I have a fair amount of posts of his that are pinging me the wrong way, and will compile them in a couple of minutes. And for the record, Gekki's biggest personal scumtell is his mindset on the game, which I'm def. seeing from this one.

Gekki wouldn't have been lynched last game if it wasn't for the fact he claim seer and that he didn't use it though.
Still, the fact that I made a really shaky case on bb didn't help.

TOTAL_EPICNESS

it wouldnt let me put morse code
1. Asking for a massclaim (maybe a joke, maybe not)
2. Voting for bb because he's "acting strange", then not giving examples of the strange activity
3. Kinda-sorta-almost OMGUS
1: that was a joke
2: also a joke
3: don’t understand what you mean by OMGUS

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
So who do we kill today? Bb? Te? Not a single one has a case like gekki.
Gekki's case isn't even really solid, none are. We still have time to figure out what we're gonna do.
I kind of want to disagree with this. OMGUS doesn't require a vote on you for it to be regarded as valid. OMGUS is, in my opinion, when you get overly defensive when someone pressures or votes you, and attack them back.
So the only thing you disagree with is the necessity for a vote? That's fair.

##UNVOTE
Hmm, okay. I didn't hop on the wagon, it was way too early to even call it one when I voted for him. I voted him because when there's a potential lead in this D1 setting, you need pressure to make sure you get responses, reactions, rebuts. Gekki responds a lot when under pressure, having pressure on someone like him (especially when he's sort of a lead) is useful.

If you wanna call out anyone for bandwagoning you may as well call out TLS, though that's not even worth pursuing.

TOTAL_EPICNESS

it wouldnt let me put morse code
@GekkisaiDaiNi
I didn’t just “drop it and leave” I have things to do i.e school, doing things with friends also my phone died and so did my computers connection to the internet so a combination of social situations and bad luck was what made me leave for the extended period of time that I did

NinjaPenguin

Here's why I think Gekki's scum. This is not to be misconstrued as an attack on sim, who is completely right that Lorde's vote especially is scummy and bad.
Wasn't trying to lurk, I was in a dance class and only had a few minutes on my phone.

Why change your RVS vote in favor of another RVS vote? What's the point?
This is the bad, accusatory mindset coming from scum Gekki. He's automatically perceiving BB's actually as unusual, and I'd argue scummy by the fact that he asked it.
Trying to start conversation.

I don't scumread you for it, I was just curious if there was any real reason for switching up your RVS vote.
Since when are you just curious about something? Point it out and I'll drop it and the above post. Otherwise, just a backpedal to me.
What is newfangled thing of switching your RVSes? Cause I still think it's pointless and we've never done it before.
Also bad mindset. Why can't you at least trust us it's a good idea and then ask why as a genuine question?
And why does vote parking for no reason inspire conversation, the whole point of what you were saying not long before? There's no reason to
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: @Mariano11887

TE is here now. Mariano still isn't.

Soo, you should try to get some info then.
Mind if I ask why RVS vote instead of just tag? Especially when you ask for another RVS vote instead of DIY tagging.

##UNVOTE:
##VOTE: @TOTAL_EPICNESS

This will be my first real vote of the game. Asking for a claim was strange, and the almost-OMGUS at bb was certainly interesting.

And no, he is not a new player. I've played Mafia on Discord with him before, and apparently he's played on forums and IRL so I'm not cutting him slack for being new.
Don't like jumping on him for this OMGUS. I find these straight-up votes to not be scumtellable. It's more casting shade for shade being casted on you in the form of real cases.
1. Asking for a massclaim (maybe a joke, maybe not)
2. Voting for bb because he's "acting strange", then not giving examples of the strange activity
3. Kinda-sorta-almost OMGUS
And are these not indicative of newbies? The massclaim was strange, but others weren't out of newbie character at all. IIRC, you've said basically this statement before to defend newbies, so it's not you not knowing better.

Aight, it isnt OMGUS. I still stand by my 2nd reason for my TE vote, and even one "meh" scumread is better than RVS
I also don't really like giving up this point; it is OMGUSy but not in a scummy sense.
I mean, I play very similarly on all of them. Each site has their own little differences.
Nope! Have you not been screaming at me in Discord for like a week about how bad one site's meta is and how different another one is?

Why I think Gekki is scum: mostly just backpedaling and his accusatory mindset. He also has a surprisingly large number of small contradictions. My vote's on him but not literally because IHANI how many votes are on him rn.

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
They sure do. Do you not have any other thoughts so far?

Oh, I certainly have other thoughts. But this is my first ever game, so I wanna see how a day goes before I say anything. I'm not one to do anything without thinking it through first.

NinjaPenguin

Oh, I certainly have other thoughts. But this is my first ever game, so I wanna see how a day goes before I say anything. I'm not one to do anything without thinking it through first.
Suggesting you read D1 of some past game to get an idea of it. Dazzling Star is always a wonderful option.

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
Oh, and as I've been lurking, I've decided to change my vote.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: TOTAL_EPICNESS

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Oh, and as I've been lurking, I've decided to change my vote.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: TOTAL_EPICNESS
Reasons?
@GekkisaiDaiNi
I didn’t just “drop it and leave” I have things to do i.e school, doing things with friends also my phone died and so did my computers connection to the internet so a combination of social situations and bad luck was what made me leave for the extended period of time that I did
Fair enough.

Response to NP coming soon

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
Also, and I'd like this to be on the record, if it shows that I'm viewing this thread, that's because I have the thread open in a tab, so that I have easy access to it. (I also have the thread open on my phone).

What about my tone and the way I present myself?
I personally find you to be acting rather defensively. Not entirely surprising, considering you're being targeted, but I'm always wary of those who are defensive. (I'm wary of Gekki as well, and a couple others. It's nothing personal.)

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Here's why I think Gekki's scum. This is not to be misconstrued as an attack on sim, who is completely right that Lorde's vote especially is scummy and bad.
This is the bad, accusatory mindset coming from scum Gekki. He's automatically perceiving BB's actually as unusual, and I'd argue scummy by the fact that he asked it.

Since when are you just curious about something? Point it out and I'll drop it and the above post. Otherwise, just a backpedal to me.

Also bad mindset. Why can't you at least trust us it's a good idea and then ask why as a genuine question?
And why does vote parking for no reason inspire conversation, the whole point of what you were saying not long before? There's no reason to

Mind if I ask why RVS vote instead of just tag? Especially when you ask for another RVS vote instead of DIY tagging.

Don't like jumping on him for this OMGUS. I find these straight-up votes to not be scumtellable. It's more casting shade for shade being casted on you in the form of real cases.

And are these not indicative of newbies? The massclaim was strange, but others weren't out of newbie character at all. IIRC, you've said basically this statement before to defend newbies, so it's not you not knowing better.

I also don't really like giving up this point; it is OMGUSy but not in a scummy sense.

Nope! Have you not been screaming at me in Discord for like a week about how bad one site's meta is and how different another one is?

Why I think Gekki is scum: mostly just backpedaling and his accusatory mindset. He also has a surprisingly large number of small contradictions. My vote's on him but not literally because IHANI how many votes are on him rn.
You're reading my mindset wrong. If I think RVS is taking too long, I get aggressive. I dislike wasting time and if I have to get aggressive/scummy to move the game forward, I do it. I asked about it because I've never seen people do it before, which made me curious. RVS vote because why not, he's more likely to respond if I actually drop a vote on him and it wasn't like there was a better option at the time. I was just asking about it since we've never done it before, it just kind of came out of the blue, if something is unusual I ask about it. They are indicative of newbies, and the RVS wasn't that scummy, but I didn't like the Jade or Quaking cases, didn't see anything else that was scummy at all, and wanted to move forward from RVS, hence a vote.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
I don't remember this, so could you explain please? ^.^
I think he's referring to last game, where you asked scattered IIRC a specific question when you tagged him in thread.
Why I think Gekki is scum: mostly just backpedaling and his accusatory mindset. He also has a surprisingly large number of small contradictions.
Alright, but what specifically about this makes Gekki scummy? IIRC, he tends to have these habits as town as well, like last game, where he tried to present a lynch on bb and me during D1, but he eventually backed off when his case wasn't sticking. He ended up flipping town when he was lynched.

Regarding the Gekki-TE stuff. I don't think either are town or scum right now. From my understanding, TE did some stuff in RVS that Gekki didn't like, like OMGUS, which caused Gekki to try and push a lynch on him. I don't think TE has too much experience in mafia, especially with the way it works Pokebeach, so he should be given the benefit of the doubt in this scenario. Gekki acted in character with the way he usually plays as town and scum, trying to find a good lynch early in Day 1, presenting a case, and trying to get out of RVS as soon as possible. He's been trying to justify his case, but has slowly been dropping off of it as others find reasons to deem it shaky.

I'll try to look back in the thread later to see if anything sticks out.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Also, and I'd like this to be on the record, if it shows that I'm viewing this thread, that's because I have the thread open in a tab, so that I have easy access to it. (I also have the thread open on my phone).

I personally find you to be acting rather defensively. Not entirely surprising, considering you're being targeted, but I'm always wary of those who are defensive. (I'm wary of Gekki as well, and a couple others. It's nothing personal.)
If people scumread you, you have to get defensive. It's just the way the game works. I'd much rather be scumhunting right now, but hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.