Finished Mafia LI: Senate Subterfuge~Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
OK.
Back to what you were saying, if it's pmj and Robin, it can just as easily be me and pmj in my mind.
Is that better?
Not really. Why are you so paranoid? There's literally no chance of you being lynched today; if by some miracle I haven't already been hammered then it's either me or PMJ. I even pointed out posts that have convinced me you're far from being the best lynch.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Fair, fair. It's just, I'm paranoid because of the fact that I haven't had internet until a few hours ago. And while I thank you for taking aim off of me, I like to live a little, play dangerous. It's been my thing since I started playing. I'm not gonna put anything behind you though.
##VOTE:Jabberwock

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
You should all be silent now if you have any respect for game rules. Unless you can show me a reason that a hammer did not happen.

@Yog, you can see how none of Jabber's arguments are backed up by proof right? Similar to my last posts in Fray at the Beach, in reality they're all fluff. I gave him plenty of opportunity to show us his night results. Copy/pasting his role PM conversation should take 5 minutes or less. I opened a window there and he completely ignored it. Why do you think that is? Yeesh, I don't have time for this and just stop commenting already!!

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I'm only entertaining Jabberwock because, I mean, I might as well, right? No sense in just sitting around wasting daylight while there's arguing to be had :D

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
Day 7 End
The group was tense. After all of their failures, they knew they could not afford to mess up any more than they already had.
With this in mind, they selected a final man to remove. This man, who had become rivals with the one exiled yesterday, sighed with deep disappointment and accepted his fate and what was likely the end of an empire with it.

Jabberwock was lynched. He was:
You are Aulus Gabinius, and you are aligned with the Loyalists. A help to Pompey, you aided in the exile of Cicero and helped to suppress revolts. You may have bribed your way out of a conviction for high treason and into the position of consul, but you still appreciate the Republic and the cause of the optimates like Pompey.

Passive Ability: Fellow Consul
You and your co-consul from 58 BC, Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus, have stayed in touch ever since your positions of power. Now, you can talk to him in this tense time. You have access to a QuickTopic chat, with Piso Caesoninus (or the player with him as a safeclaim), which you can use to communicate with him.

Passive Ability: Restoration
When Pompey ordered you to go to Egypt, you did, allowing the desired king to take back control of the area. Though your presence was then missed in Syria, you return and restored order to it. Similarly, if your vote is on a player but they are not lynched that day due to the actions of other players taking control, your vote will have double weight on that player the next day.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the Republic.

Final Vote Count:
@Jabberwock (4): Robin Aisaga, PMJ, Yog, GM Draclord, Yog, TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
PMJ (1): Jabberwock

Night 7 Start

Night 7 has now begun, and will end in 48 hours, on July 4th at 3:00 AM EST.​

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
Hey everyone, sorry but I will not be able to post the update tonight. Hopefully NP will get to it while I am asleep, but if not, I will update after work tomorrow.

Once again, I apologize for this delay.

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
Game End - Mafia Win

The final day approached, but it quickly became obvious to Penguinius and Vrackinian that there were not enough members of the Optimates or the Populares, even combined, to fight the rising threat of the Triumvirate. The final vote for the future consuls was called, but the victors quickly became obvious as the Pedarii stood overwhelmingly behind two candidates.

The New Consuls elected were:
You are Julius Caesar, and you are aligned with the Triumvirate. The Pontifex Maximus, you are the lead in Rome's Religious affairs, as well as one of its most influential, and dangerous men. The strongest member of the populares, your disregard for many ancient customs has earned you many enemies within the senate, but your ability to work with, and manipulate others, has granted you significant sway through your fellow Triumvirate members of Crassus and Pompey.

Passive Ability: Triumvirate Chat
To start a revolution, one's team must talk together. You have access to the Triumvirate communication channel, which will be sent to you in a separate PM.

Passive Ability: Better Alone
Though you truly appreciate your allies in this conflict, at the same time you must defend your own interests. As such, if your allies die, you will do your best to profit off of them and improve your skills at killing your opponents (for the Triumvirate’s sake).
If Crassus dies, once during the game you will be able to perform the nightkill and guarantee its success, no matter what protection you run up against.
If Pompey dies, once during the game you will be able to perform the nightkill without being detected as targeting anyone by Trackers, Watchers or similar roles.
If another player aligned with the Triumvirate dies before the beginning of Day 5, the next day you will be lynched at L+1.

Active Ability: Pontifex Maximus
While one can never be sure of what exactly makes a Good or Bad Omen, you are well versed in citing them as reasons for all sorts of things. Postponing elections, votes, settlements, and laws as well as promoting agenda’s, agreements and law, you have never been above using such a powerful tool to your own advantage. Once per night, you may PM the Hosts ##GOOD OMENS: Player. That player’s vote weight becomes +1 for the following day. This ability won’t work after Night 4.

Win Condition: Eliminate all the Loyalists.

Your Safeclaim Is:
You are Lucius Caninius Gallus, and you are aligned with the Loyalists. A good friend of many, including both Caesar and Cicero, you are a strong politician (albeit slightly allies with the populares at heart) and one whom many respected. You may not have made many enemies, but that can only be a help.

Passive Ability: Strength in Survival
Of the few rivals you have, they are contained not by the main Triumvirate members but by their supports, who have falsely accused you of crimes. Their death will only prove your innocence. If a non-Triumvirate player aligned with the Triumvirate dies before the beginning of Day 5, the next day you will be lynched at L+1.

Active Ability: Influential Voice
You are one that everybody listens to when it comes to who you support. For example, your work as tribune was largely towards improving the position of Pompey, which worked quite well. Once per night, you may PM the Hosts ##INFLUENCE: Player. That player’s vote weight becomes +1 for the following day. This ability won’t work after Night 4.

and

You are Marcus Licinius Crassus, and you are aligned with the Triumvirate. A brilliantly wealthy man, you climbed the cursus honorum by using your money to take you all the way to the top. Though politics may not be your strong suit, your impeccable business instinct gives you plenty of bribes to cover the gap for your cause of the populares.

Passive Ability: Triumvirate Chat
To start a revolution, one's team must talk together. You have access to the Triumvirate communication channel, which will be sent to you in a separate PM.

Passive Ability: Wealthiest Man in Rome
With your immense wealth, you have been able to buy favours, and own debts to all around you. If someone needs funding, you are the man they go to. This has allowed you, certain sway with using others for your own advantage. Should someone attempt to view your alignment or role, you will always appear as your safeclaim.

Active Ability: Firefighting
You got your start by creating the first group of firefighters in Rome, and used them to execute many corrupt schemes. When a house was burning down, for example, they would not extinguish the fire until you had bought up that house for a large bargain. Now, you have a very clever scheme indeed. Once a day, you may PM the hosts ##INSURANCE: Player. At the beginning of the night, that player will have 24 hours to decide if they want to give you the information on their active abilities and have you choose their target in the remaining time that night or be blocked for the night.

Win Condition: Eliminate all the Loyalists.

Safeclaim:
You are Marcus Caelius Rufus, and you are aligned with the Loyalists. Born into a wealthy family, you used your persuasive techniques quite well to aid the cause of the populares. You were often able to make you way into power, however, no matter what party was ruling and appreciate the Republic for all it has given to you.

Passive Ability: Convincement Tactics
Despite being against Cicero and helping achieve his exile, you eventually got him to befriend you and corresponded with him often in letters. You can even use this technique to get out of trouble if strange suspicions are planted against you. If you would ever be lynched, you will survive the first time.

Active Ability: Prosecutor
You got your start by helping prosecute a former consul, Hybrida, for corruption. This has therefore taught you how to use evidence to aid your cause. Once a day, you may PM the hosts ##PROSECUTE: Player. At the beginning of the night, that player will have 24 hours to decide if they want to give you the information on their active abilities and have you choose their target in the remaining time that night or be blocked for the night due to failure to cooperate with your investigation.

Overwhelmed, and without chance of changing the outcome, the two Consuls of the previous year made their speeches, no one daring to veto their right to do so, before handing their Fasces to the two newly elected Consuls, handing the reigns of the republic to the Triumvirate.

The remaining players were

You are Marcus Tullius Cicero, and you are aligned with the Loyalists. A devout follower of laws, you are known for ensuring the stability of the republic and keeping steady power with the optimates as much as you could, including anti-bribery laws and crushing conspiracies. You are also known as a literary genius, the be all and end all of writing Latin prose beautifully.

Passive Ability: Orator
Much of your absolute and enduring fame comes from your orations, such as those attacking Catiline. Through the use of many devices, your work was brought to life and the formerly plain language of Latin was elevated.
Now, you can use these devices to win over more audiences than ever before. For each of the following things you say in-thread, you will earn one reputation point, which you can use to gain new powers during the night. Note: You may not claim this ability relies on your behavior or any of the devices which you use. Each technique may be used to gain a reputation point once every other day (PM posts where you use a technique so that we done miss it. You may also ask questions on what would count as each technique if you aren’t sure.):
Spoiler: List
-Use praeteritio when referring to another player.
-Use a Latin phrase (not one commonly used in English, such as AM, etc., e.g., i.e.) correctly in a sentence.
-Attack somebody for attempting to kill you (OMGUS).
-Advocate for a stoic paradox which applies to Mafia (virtue is the only good; all bad actions are equal, and so are all the good actions; the wise man alone is free, everyone else is a slave).
-Write a line in Latin dactylic hexameter (there’s a lot of resources on the Internet for the precise details of scansion, which would get you one happy host, but we’re honestly not going to hold you to anything past words being long by position and diphthongs).
-Spend at least 8 consecutive posts in a day (not in terms of multiposting, which will only count as one post) attacking one player and/or others for supporting them.

Active Ability: Reputation
During the night, you may PM the hosts ##PURCHASE: Power. You will then purchase that power. You can purchase as many powers as you wish, as long as you have the reputation points to afford them. You may only purchase each power twice during the game.

Spoiler: Powers
Vocal-Cost: 3 Reputation Points
You speeches are boisterous enough to get people to conform to your wishes, as long as they are reasonable enough. When you decide to be vocal, you will get automatic entrance to all certamina during the next day.

Vox Populi-Cost: 4 Reputation Points
With your orations, you can sway the people to push for what you tell them to do. When you decide to gain the voice of the people, during the next day, you will be able to PM the hosts ##POPULI: Player. The people will place a vote for that player, and will be shown in the vote count as voting for that player. Additionally, you will still have the power to vote somebody in thread that day.

Bodyguards-Cost: 6 Reputation Points
You are always at threat of death due to your remarkable powers of convincing others. This makes you in major need of protection. When you decide to gain bodyguards, you will be protected from all deadly actions that target you that night you purchase them.

Good Words-Cost: 12 Reputation Points
Just your speech, when passionate enough, can convince people to save one that you see as innocent. When you decide to use your good words, you must PM the hosts ##SPARE: Player, where the player was aligned with the Loyalists and was lynched during a previous day. That player will then be released from prison and will technically be alive, but it will be announced that they will lose their role and be unable to vote.

and

You are Quintus Caecilius Metullus Nepos Iunior, and you are aligned with the Loyalists. Formerly a spiteful tribune, you and your fellow tribune Cato the Younger were rivals before he protected you from being thrown out of office, despite you being one of the populares. Though you were not a good tribune, breaking many customs of the office, you did accomplish some things.

Active Ability: Early Leave
Despite the fact that it is against the law for a Tribune of the Plebs to leave Rome during their term, you did so anyway. This afforded you the benefit of not being attacked, or thrown in with the wrong crowd when things went south. It did mean you don’t get to participate in activities there though.
Once per night, you may PM the hosts ##LEAVE. During the night you can leave the city. For that night, all night abilities (including the night kill) that target you, fail. However, you cannot participate in certamina in the following day. You cannot use this ability on the same night you use Team Player.

Active Ability: Team Player
Both in your term as tribune and in consul, you shared your position with a powerful figure with enduring fame. Though you opposed them at times, with both you reconciled and worked together to accomplish important things. Twice during the game, you may PM the hosts ##TEAM: Player. That player will be gain automatic entrance to all certamina during the next day and night, and will be able to use their Active Abilities twice the next day. You cannot use this ability on the same night you use Early Leave.

Killed in the night

You are Gaius Marcius Figulus, and you are aligned with the Loyalists. A good supporter of Cicero and the causes of the optimates, your main duty during your reign as consul was cracking down on corruption. Though you were adopted, you still were able to rise to a very high position and get enough money for an incredibly expensive tomb.

Passive Ability: Crackdown
One of your most powerful actions was passing a law banning certain collegia, or legal associations. This Triumvirate certain counts as one of these. If somebody aligned with the Triumvirate kills you, you will use your last breath to limit them from communicating any more with this group. They will be unable to talk in or read the scumchat.

Active Ability: Declaration of Support
When Cicero executed the Catilinarian conspirators, you helped the Senate pass a public declaration of support for him. Now, if a player aligned with the Triumvirate dies, you can post a similar declaration. Once per night after a member of the Triumvirate was lynched the last day, you may PM the hosts ##DECLARE: Players, where the players can be as many as you want. A public declaration of support for those players helping the Loyalists will be posted in the Day Update.

Links
Master Document
Triumvirate Chat
Consular Conversations
Curia Basement
Dead Chat

Vir Probissimus Chat
Venator Celebrus Chat 1
Venator Celebrus Chat 2

NP might do a proper breakdown when he gets back from his vacation, so stay tuned for that.
Thank you all for playing, I would like to thank Np for allowing me to cohost with him, and I hope that you all appreciate the amount of work he put into Mafia LI: Senate Subterfuge.

Finally, just a reminder, that we have no currently scheduled games of Mafia, so if you are interested in hosting, feel free to let both myself and bbninjas know, as we are accepting applications.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Wow, I was completely sold on Nick being town. He and Drac did so much scummy stuff and I chalked literally all of it up to being new and having that meta, respectively. xD

Thanks for the game, y'all (and especially @NinjaPenguin and @Vracken). That one was a lot of fun. ^.^

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Wow, I would've bet my balls that PMJ was scum! The night Scattered and I were killed, we were so convinced of that.
Congratulations Mafians, you played very very well.
Thank you to NP and Vrack for successfully hosting the game, it was very fun.

Side note: Robin's protective ability is broken.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Wow, I would've bet my balls that PMJ was scum! The night Scattered and I were killed, we were so convinced of that.
Congratulations Mafians, you played very very well.
Thank you to NP and Vrack for successfully hosting the game, it was very fun.

Side note: Robin's protective ability is broken.
Luckily Robin reveal it. If not we would have wasted our kill

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
Wow Drav there was like 0% that you were scum to me :/. Though Nick shouldve been lynched instead of me or Jabber

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Wow Drav there was like 0% that you were scum to me :/. Though Nick shouldve been lynched instead of me or Jabber
I was surprise that Nick never got lynch earlier, but I really don't want to offer Sam or Nick as lynch. Since that move wouldn't gain me any town credit at all.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
WHAT?
Huh, Good play..
GM Draclord and Nick played amazing. I suspected Nick but so many people ignored my point on him + my point on him was similar to my point on Jplap that I just forgot about it completely. PMJ really surprised me not being scum, but that’s it I guess. No more wild conspiracy theories for me, haha. It never seems to be the case.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Were there even any trackers in this setup?

Yog's role is cool as shit but nothing in it is forbidden from being posted?

I have a lot to say about this game, but I don't have the time right now. I'll be sure to post later once I'm home.

Good game; I'm only a little salty.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Also if you guys are hard up for hosts, I'm working on a game, but I don't know how long you guys wanna hold off on hosting a game. I don't want a repeat of motfia so I'm going to do my best to not screw it up. If another guy comes up with something before I'm done, y'all can let him go first.

Yog

Rogue
This is the bit I broke @PMJ "Note: You may not claim this ability relies on your behavior or any of the devices which you use. "
It was bolded in my PM chain too, but still I glazed right over it when I was claiming oof. I figure if I'd not lost a day or two as DFL, I might have made a little more use of it. Also very hard to both come across as town and also pick up the OMGUS points or 8-in-a-row. Well balanced, just I was a day short.

Bravo Drac & Nick. Even if we'd survived the night, I was going to come into today gung-ho on the scum team being Robin + Nick or Robin + Drac so would have easily been swayed to snuff Robin whoops.

Thanks a bunch NinjaPenguin & Vrack! Very smoothly run game indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.