• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lucario GX Lycanroc Gx Help

Jayfeather

Brigitte One Trick
Hey friends,

I have a Lucario GX deck as the title says and it's been my main deck for a while, even after malamar released (btw this deck WRECKS that deck if you have weakness policy based on my games). I feel it needs some work though, and I need to buy some cards (like more Cynthia). Here's the list, go wild.

Pokémon: 16

3 Riolu

3 Lucario GX

3 Rockruff

2 Lycanroc GX

1 Lycanroc GX

1 Buzzwole GX

1 Buzzwole

1 Tapu Lele GX

1 Diancie Prism Star

Items: 20

3 Choice Band

1 Field Blower

1 Enhanced Hammer

1 Escape Rope

2 Rescue Stretcher

3 Switch

3 Ultra Ball

1 Nest Ball

1 Timer Ball

2 Energy Retrieval

2 Weakness Policy

Supporters: 13

3 Lillie

2 Cynthia

1 Guzma

1 Tate and Liza

2 Copycat

1 Judge

1 Pokemon Fan Club

2 Professor Kukui

Stadiums: 1

1 Brooklet Hill

Energy: 10

10 Fighting Energy

Attachments

• download-1.jpg
    download-1.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 4

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
We need to know which Lycanroc GX you are using. 2 GRI/1 BUS or 2 BUS/1 GRI? Actually, I don't recommend using BUS Lycanroc GX at all. The BUS Lycanroc does nothing good at all, while the Bloodthirsty Eyes one can provide great help with it's ability, allowing you to take out benched Pokémon with ease, and Dangerous Rogue GX will OHKO any Pokémon in opponent has filled bench.

Next, I would play 4 Cynthia as well as 3 Guzma and 4 Ultra Ball. Those are really necessary for consistency.

This is what I suggest:

- changing all Lycanroc GX to Lycanroc GX GRI (Bloodthirsty Eyes)

+ 2 Cynthia (consistency, draw support)
+ 2 Guzma (great card needed in many situations)
+ 1 Ultra Ball (consistency, Pokémon search)

- 1 Escape Rope (unnecessary, helps your opponent sometimes, you already have Guzma and Switch)
- 1 Enhanced Hammer (not really necessary because one of them won't really help you)
- 1 Tate and Liza (You have Switch and Cynthia. Optionally, cut one Lillie or Copycat instead of this one)
- 1 Timer Ball (relies on coin flip)
- 1 Energy (9 should be enough with Energy Retrieval)

Jayfeather

Brigitte One Trick
We need to know which Lycanroc GX you are using. 2 GRI/1 BUS or 2 BUS/1 GRI? Actually, I don't recommend using BUS Lycanroc GX at all. The BUS Lycanroc does nothing good at all, while the Bloodthirsty Eyes one can provide great help with it's ability, allowing you to take out benched Pokémon with ease, and Dangerous Rogue GX will OHKO any Pokémon in opponent has filled bench.

Next, I would play 4 Cynthia as well as 3 Guzma and 4 Ultra Ball. Those are really necessary for consistency.

This is what I suggest:

- changing all Lycanroc GX to Lycanroc GX GRI (Bloodthirsty Eyes)

+ 2 Cynthia (consistency, draw support)
+ 2 Guzma (great card needed in many situations)
+ 1 Ultra Ball (consistency, Pokémon search)

- 1 Escape Rope (unnecessary, helps your opponent sometimes, you already have Guzma and Switch)
- 1 Enhanced Hammer (not really necessary because one of them won't really help you)
- 1 Tate and Liza (You have Switch and Cynthia. Optionally, cut one Lillie or Copycat instead of this one)
- 1 Timer Ball (relies on coin flip)
- 1 Energy (9 should be enough with Energy Retrieval)
This looks great, also would Magcargo work here?

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
Magcargo does not work good, as it decreases the decks consistency and you have no reliable way drawing into the top-decked card.

Jayfeather

Brigitte One Trick
Bump, looking for help against Vikaray and Malamar, which are prominent decks at my card store.

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
Bump, looking for help against Vikaray and Malamar, which are prominent decks at my card store.

You can't really change your decklist so that you win easier, there is no 1off counter that would fit in your deck. Instead, just change your gameplan:

-Malamar
Don't attack with your Psychic-weak Pokémon. Instead, use Bloodthirsty Eyes to disrupt your opponent, then get a OHKO with Dangerous Rogue GX. (If Ultra Necrozma: Play Judge before you go down to 4 prizes to minimize their chance of getting Beast Ring). For the rest of the game, still watch out because you have a weakness on some Pokémon.

-Vikaray
This thing is easier. Kill their Vikavolt, which is weak to Fighting types. Then, OHKO one Rayquaza with Dangerous Rogue if possible. Try to get some other OHKOs with Lucario GX + Choice Band + Kukui + Diancie <>. You can really disrupt them if you kill their Vikavolt and then KO one Rayquaza which Wishful Baton was Field-Blowered.

Jayfeather

Brigitte One Trick
You can't really change your decklist so that you win easier, there is no 1off counter that would fit in your deck. Instead, just change your gameplan:

-Malamar
Don't attack with your Psychic-weak Pokémon. Instead, use Bloodthirsty Eyes to disrupt your opponent, then get a OHKO with Dangerous Rogue GX. (If Ultra Necrozma: Play Judge before you go down to 4 prizes to minimize their chance of getting Beast Ring). For the rest of the game, still watch out because you have a weakness on some Pokémon.

-Vikaray
This thing is easier. Kill their Vikavolt, which is weak to Fighting types. Then, OHKO one Rayquaza with Dangerous Rogue if possible. Try to get some other OHKOs with Lucario GX + Choice Band + Kukui + Diancie <>. You can really disrupt them if you kill their Vikavolt and then KO one Rayquaza which Wishful Baton was Field-Blowered.

Nice, this sounds great.