Japan's SM6+ Set, 'Dragon Storm,' Plus 'Champion Road' Mini-Set!

NeedleKingSR

Night March is overrated
Charizard could show potential, as it can OHKO Zoroarks with 2 in play and a Choice Band.

Lance makes Dragonite GX officially broken.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Finally! I can search out not one, but TWO Goomys and put them onto my bench! Muahahhahaha

Jpkemperor

Deck Builder and Researcher
Two instant altarias or stage 2 dragons straight to the bench. This is trully the rise of the dragon type at long last.

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Charizard actually looks pretty decent, assuming you can get the energy on him. It's an expensive attack for him, but I'm thankful that this looks even slightly better than most Charizard cards. Infact, just imagine this thing against decks that spam Zoroark-GX and draw a bunch of cards. I like the concept of this card and it's good in a theoretical sense. I just don't know how are you gonna get the energies on him. Blacksmith in Expanded, sure, but what about standard? Super Boost Energy? Kiawe? I think if we had a way to charge fire energies onto him than Charizard-GX from Burning Shadows would've seen some roguish play for like 1 or 2 times. Still though, looks pretty solid! I know someone is gonna find a way to use him.

I zoomed in on Lance and I think I can make out the effect. "If you have 3 Dragonite-GX in play, you win the game"
@Kietharr was wrong about the translation, thank god.

But this is still pretty interesting. It does suffer from the same problems as Ho-oh-GX's GX attack, or Dragonite-GX's GX attack for that matter, in which sure, you have them in play, but how are you going to get the energies onto them? The first thing that comes to mind for me is those fight song Altarias in which you get immediate use out of them once you play this card, which means 40 more damage to the active for Dragons! This card is still sick though, another great card for experimentation!

Those are just my quick thoughts about them.

Zzrrdd

Aspiring Trainer
Charizard actually looks really good! I'll definetly test it as soon as it releases. Lance prism immediately makes dragonite gx a legit deck. This set looks really good

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
This could actually be pretty fun. What if you used Lance to get a Dragonite GX and then a Dragonair. Your opponent would think you've completely lost your mind. Little do they know that you teched in a Dragonite from Roaring Skies (non-ancient trait) and you're about to completely troll them.

EDIT: Oh, and glad to see another Charizard that probably won't really see any competitive play even though big numbers be big.

Kawaki

Aspiring Trainer
After using Lance Prism Star it would be a shame if someone came along and used Plea GX...

2egbhwn.jpg

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
idk why people didn't get that I was joking about that translation, funny that the effect is kind of similar in referencing his army of Dragonites though, the intent is obviously there for this to be used as a compliment to Dragonite-GX. Dragonair SUM is a great one-prizer to sacrifice to trigger conditions for Lance, and once you've dropped your Lance you can power a Dragonite up on that turn using Ribombee or professor's letters to get all of the energy you need.

The Charizard is playable, in expanded it kind of hurts to be a stage 2 but the damage ramps up pretty fast and the RRC cost is easy to pay via blacksmith. Standard is another story, we have some fire acceleration options but idk how well they'll work with a stage 2 as opposed to a basic. But the damage is pretty substantial and the cost is lower than average for a Charizard.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Charizard - It's Charizard. Due to the fact that Zoroark and Lele are everywhere in the format, this gives automatically +60 to the decks that plays both of them. The atk adds up very quickly. Zoroark+Lele+Choice Band = theres a Zoroark KO. It can also OHKO Solgaleo-GX as long the opponent spams GXs. 4 Geodudes due to the fact that not all plays bunch of GX deck like Talonflame/Rampardos
  • Lance Prism - You need this in the early-game. Play Alolan Vulpix, Beacon let Vulpix KO, Use Lance Prism to search 2 of his underleveled Drgonites. Heck yea, Dragonite. and also makes SBE function very quickly. 5 Geodudes

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
idk why people didn't get that I was joking about that translation, funny that the effect is kind of similar in referencing his army of Dragonites though, the intent is obviously there for this to be used as a compliment to Dragonite-GX. Dragonair SUM is a great one-prizer to sacrifice to trigger conditions for Lance, and once you've dropped your Lance you can power a Dragonite up on that turn using Ribombee or professor's letters to get all of the energy you need.

The Charizard is playable, in expanded it kind of hurts to be a stage 2 but the damage ramps up pretty fast and the RRC cost is easy to pay via blacksmith. Standard is another story, we have some fire acceleration options but idk how well they'll work with a stage 2 as opposed to a basic. But the damage is pretty substantial and the cost is lower than average for a Charizard.
You need Alolan Vulpix as the starter to use Lance Prism in the early-game.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
The math on Zard works out very well:
1 GX/EX + Band or 2 EX/GX: KOing Buzzwole, Lele, Ho-oh, Turtonator, Dusk Mane, Ultra Necrozma and Volc
2 GX/EX + Band or 3 EX/GX: KOing Lycanroc, Zoro, Golisopod (though pod has weakness anyway)
3 GX/EX + Band or 4 GX/EX: Koing Gardy, and Solgaleo

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Can we get a blastoise please TPCi, stop printing zard. At least it the first playable zard in a while.