Discussion Is there any way to beat Shrine decks effectively? Does Shrine destroy the meta?

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Not bad, not bad. This deck can beat Shrine but there's one problem: it gets crashed by Zororoc, Buzz GX, VikaRay... Well Weakness Policy may help for the first two, but it can be blowered or opponent can Guzma around, and Garb may help against VikaRay. Still, I would play it with Golisopod instead, as it has no popular weakness, and uses both Max Potion and Acerola.

I just got a 2nd copy of Golisopod so I did not have the chance to test much Zoropod. I can see some pros and cons.

Having Garbodor gives you a reason to add Mysterious Treasure and this improves consistency since you can grab Lele with it. Having a 1 prize attacker also plays a role in some match up. If you drop the Magcargo line, you loose the ability to play Acerola ervery turn and cannot easily grab Weakness Policy when you need it. I can see why Golisopod is a good variant for the reasons you have stated but I think it might be less consistent and not as good against Shrine decks. I did not get to play many Buzzwole-Gx, Zororoc or VikaRay lately so my sample does not allow me to draw into conclusions regarding those match up. But I can say that the list i posted is good enough to withstand spread decks when played correctly.

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
I've been finding lots of success with the new Solgaleo GX (sm104 promo, I believe ). It can one-shot all shrine pokemon with the exception of baby buzz, but poison barb could assist in having it cleared before next turn. It's gx is fantastic for neutralizing shrine (heals all damage to all Pokémon) . Mixed in with Max potions it's near impossible for a shrine deck to knock out its impressive HP. Running two baseset Solgaleos and 2 of the newer promos creates a balanced deck regardless of who you play. Won't ever be a tier one deck, but it's sure fun to play :)

Kashvinder Mann

Aspiring Trainer
The new Solgaleo sure helps to take down Shrine decks. Just add in one Dhelmise and you won't be worried about those dang Buzzwoles.

Been working on my Greninja GX deck and it's actually not bad against Shrine decks too.