Discussion Is Giratina EX primed for a revival in expanded?

shinyhunter712

Aspiring Trainer
With the recent heavy special energy meta, I was wondering if Giratina would be primed for a revival with its special energy lock. Maybe you could pair it with shining mew to get the double dragon energy on it quicker. Thoughts on Giratina for expanded?

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
I think we'll see some Giratina/Seismitoad lists pop up at Dallas Regionals later this month. There seems to be a lot of hype around it right now because of how many decks rely on Special Energy. As to whether it'll see success or not is unknown at the moment though.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
With the recent heavy special energy meta, I was wondering if Giratina would be primed for a revival with its special energy lock. Maybe you could pair it with shining mew to get the double dragon energy on it quicker. Thoughts on Giratina for expanded?
Using Shining Mew is a "creative" idea (wink wink) especially because most Giratina players will hopefully be taking mirror matches into account. Whether or not it works has yet to be seen. I will test it out sometime and share my results

Calcab

Aspiring Trainer
I think rather than playing Seismitoad/Giratina you could just play Noivern-GX/Wally and use all acceleration expanded gives us to get the DDE (like Trainers' Mail + Energy Lotto or Shaymin maybe)

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
At first thought, it seems very good to counter the NM and Zoroark decks. However, now I'm seeing a 1-of Ranger is most Night March and Zoroark lists to make sure they have an out versus Chaos Wheel, but mainly to negate a Quaking Punch.

F4H_Jay

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Ive been playing ranger in my expanded list with Toad and Tina getting popular again. The meta is weird for expanded right now.