• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Ho-oh GX / Charizard GX

TheHumbleApprentice

Aspiring Trainer
This is my one of my first decks ever. The idea of this deck is to rush battle compressing all of the charizards and use ho-ohs gx as soon as possible, and then just try to get those charizards fired up and while you are getting those charizards ready you can use ho-oh to attack.

I'm thinking should I use two float stones or one float stone and one wishful baton, and if you have any other suggestions then please tell those.
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 11

* 4 Ho-Oh-GX BUS 21
* 3 Charizard-GX BUS 20
* 4 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 Hala GRI 126
* 1 Scramble Switch PLS 129
* 3 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 1 Wishful Baton BUS 128
* 3 Kiawe BUS 144
* 2 Blacksmith FLF 88
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 2 Special Charge STS 105
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 N NVI 92
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Altar of the Sunne GRI 118

##Energy - 15

* 3 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
* 4 Burning Energy BKT 151
* 8 Fire-energy XYEnergy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Why 4 Tapu Lele? That's a bit overkill don't you think?

Add 2 Shaymin EX btw.

Maybe 2 Volcanion EX as well.

TatsuyaOrimuta

Aspiring Trainer
Sky field is better stadium for the deck than Alter of the Sunne, That way you have a better chance of having all 3 Charizards go on your bench.

TheHumbleApprentice

Aspiring Trainer
So I dropped the lele count to 3 and changed the altar of sunnes to sky fields, btw once mystery treasure comes out, should I one or two ultraballs with those?

DLyne

OG TRAINER, DECK CONSTRUCTION GURU
am i the only who sees Charizard GXs but no charmanders or charmelions? Is there something im overlooking? how are you getting Charizard GX out in play?

DLyne

ho-OH..... I see. makes sense now. A shame you can't use Charizard'ss GX move... great idea though.... How consistent has it been?

DLyne

maybe throw in some Cynthia or Prof Sycamore in there.... Hala will work great cause you do want to burn your GX attack to get charizard out but you need some other draw supporters in the event you cant set up fully turn 1 or need a new hand to get your battle compressors used... I do see N in there but only having 6 draw supporters (4 of which dont work well until you use gx attack) is a little janky. Maybe get a Lysandre in there too.

TheHumbleApprentice

Aspiring Trainer
So this is my current one that I've made with your tips and what would you recommend swapping to get those draw supporters fitted?
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 4 Ho-Oh-GX BUS 21
* 3 Charizard-GX BUS 20
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Hala GRI 126
* 1 Scramble Switch PLS 129
* 3 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 1 Wishful Baton BUS 128
* 2 Kiawe BUS 144
* 2 Blacksmith FLF 88
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 2 Special Charge STS 105
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 N NVI 92
* 2 Sky Field ROS 89
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 15

* 3 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
* 4 Burning Energy BKT 151
* 8 Fire-energy XYEnergy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******