• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Future Rayquaza GX Deck?

oliver bruce

Aspiring Trainer
images

POKEMON: - 16
Rayquaza GX x4
Grubbin x 3
Charjabug x1
Vikavolt x3
Latios prism x1
Raikou x1
Mew x2
Tapu Lele x1

TRAINERS: 31

SUPPORTERS; 12
Sycamore x4
N x2
Cynthia x3
Guzma x3

ITEMS: 19
Max elixir x4
Rare Candy x3
Mysterious treasure x3
Ultra ball x3
Energy recycler x1
Field blower x2
Wishful baton x3

ENERGY: 13
Grass x6
Lightning x7

COMMENTS:
Rayquaza is doing very well in Japan, but I don’t know how good it’s going to be in the other country’s standards. But I’ve combined a deck list that I think it’ll be good with, I also have come up with other ideas as Zoroark GX, Magnezone (the lightning one), and a ultra beast using beast ring, but I still fill that this deck list using Vikavolt is the better one, and I would use dragon energy if it was available.

The keys of this deck is Rayquaza's ability to attach an energy when it’s placed down, so we need energy in the discard. To do this I would use Sycamore, mysterious treasures, or ultra balls to drop energy for attachments, with this you can also use Latios prism to attach more energies to your benched Rayquazas, and you can use Mew to copy Latios to be able to uses more of Latios' attacks.

Mew can also copy the attack of Rayquaza and Raikou, using Raikou can allow small damage around while also attaching energy to your Pokemon, same with just using Raikou. Using Rayquaza's attacks is too do lots of damage without leaving yourself in a two prize situation, and attacking with Mew can be good with it being Psychic, taking out Buzzwole easier using weakness.
It also can use weakness to defeat a new deck running around Malamar and Ultra Necrozma as there techs are weak to psychic like Dawn Wings Necrozma, Malamar, and Necrozma GX.

So what are the weaknesses to this deck? Fairy is a big weakness, so Gardevoir variants such as Zoroark and Sylveon and a hard match up, also Sylveon stroll is hard as they one shot you. Other weaknesses are ability lock, as Alolan Muk stopping Rayquaza's ability, but the large two ability stopping decks are Garbodor (the ability lock sucks and stops Rayquaza and Vikavolt, and using items entices the other Garbodor to attack), and Greninja: Shadow Stitching will trap you in a slow pace while Greninja destroys your Pokemon using Giant Water Shuriken.

All an all, it’s a good deck but not without weaknesses. So let me hear your opinions on this deck.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Latios Prism inflicts more damage based on your evolved Dragons. Latias Prism is the one that accelerates energies to your basic Dragons. Just wanted to point that out.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
I’d add in a Steven’s Decision for turn 1. Also, you may want to make this post-rotation, since it’ll happen shortly after CST releases

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
First of all, I should point out that this list has 61 cards in it, so it already needs to be trimmed down just a bit

The biggest problem I see here is consistency - nine draw Supporters, no Lele, and no Pokemon-based draw (Octillery, Oranguru-SUM) is simply going to be a bad time. Also, with no Brigette or Nest Ball, there are no reliable ways to get Grubbin into play in the early game, which is a big problem if it's supposed to be the main support line for the deck.

I would go about either cutting the Elixirs or gutting the Vikavolt engine - you don't really need both. Playing Vikavolt with Rayquaza-GX is problematic on a fundamental level; since Ray requires discarding cards from deck in order to use its ability, you're almost always going to end up discarding some crucial piece of the puzzle (Grubbin, an Evolution, Rare Candy, etc.). I think this list would benefit from being much more streamlined.