'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

makarNa

Aspiring Trainer
Cool card should be great in any deck that let's you attach unlimited energy from your hand. I hope a Full Art comes with this set.

...However is it worth using over Professor's Letters? I can use two of those instead of wasting my Supporter for the turn.

I don't think that you really need this card in metal box just because you have already decent options to recover energy/getting energy from the deck. I use/used Pikachu EX/Magnezone for a while and I was playing one copy of Clemont but most of the time I already had most of my energys in the discard pile so I was taking 3 rarely 4 energys so a Fisherman was just better. With the inclusion of Volkner the deck just got better because of the many different uses. You can take out one energy+a Rare Candy for Magnezone or you can just get a Letter to take out more energy if not a Energy Retrieval. But I can se this card getting played anyway, I mean is good, Clemont was not that bad with Magnezone but if you have Volkner and Fisherman there is no use for Clemont. In a metal box Lady is overkill imo. Can see it in Gardevoir howsoever.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
The card's not especially good in Manegizone imo except for a clutch dialga power up, but it will be extremely good for Gold Rush Dugtrio, especially in standard where you have a harder time chaining Fishermen.

I could see a new engine for standard Dugtrio using x2 Lusamine for the unlimited supporter effect, spamming this card with a high energy energy count and maybe some recyclers to put energy back into the deck to find with Lady. The expanded engine doesn't really benefit from this card, but I think it might be enough to push Gold Rush into standard viability.

makarNa

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think that you really need this card in metal box just because you have already decent options to recover energy/getting energy from the deck. I use/used Pikachu EX/Magnezone for a while and I was playing one copy of Clemont but most of the time I already had most of my energys in the discard pile so I was taking 3 rarely 4 energys so a Fisherman was just better. With the inclusion of Volkner the deck just got better because of the many different uses. You can take out one energy+a Rare Candy for Magnezone or you can just get a Letter to take out more energy if not a Energy Retrieval. But I can se this card getting played anyway, I mean is good, Clemont was not that bad with Magnezone but if you have Volkner and Fisherman there is no use for Clemont. In a metal box Lady is overkill imo. Can see it in Gardevoir howsoever.

Ok maybe not in Gardevoir.

TheTrashMan

ya better watch out
With a Rain Dancer in play (e.g. Magnezone), This is a Kiawe for ANY TYPE THAT DOESN'T END YOUR TURN! People werent wrong about Dusk Mane Necrozma/Magnezone being broken...

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
I still don't see decks wanting to use a supporter even if it is a Magnezone deck. Magnezone decks are already slow as is, if players rely on this Lady card to get out energy, you will find yourself behind in the game.

Sparkeagle

Aspiring Trainer
That's the name of this particular trainer class in the video games. Other trainer classes have been made into cards like Ace Trainer, Hiker, Fisherman, Psychic, Lass, and Delinquent.

They could've done like Psychic and Lass and gave a descriptive name for Lady.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
They could've done like Psychic and Lass and gave a descriptive name for Lady.
There was a Lass card way back in the very first base set that was just called "Lass". I don't see a problem with names for Lady in this particular case. Besides, they already gave a descriptive name to "Lady" in the Ruby/Sapphire base set (Lady Outing).

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
Dugtrio just became a legit deck. This was the ONLY thing it was missing, an easy, reliable way to get the energy out of your deck and into the discard.