TCG Fakes Edwin's Fake Thread (Image Based)

Edwin Santander

Aspiring Trainer
As I announced last night, here comes my mini set, called Cosmic Flare! Here is the Booster Box :)

cosmic_flare_box_by_edwinsantander59-dbgrkwa.png

You can see the final list of cards on the first post :)
Hope you like it :)

Last edited:

Edwin Santander

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, coming with my first Set card.. and is a holofoil one! In my set I will have 3 different types of holofoils, Stay tuned to see more :)

001_maractus_by_edwinsantander59-dbguftt.gif

Edwin Santander

Aspiring Trainer
Practicing some art styles to fit in cards (like 3d), i will stay working until i get the effect that i looking for..

_081_magnemite_by_edwinsantander59-dbh7uwk.png

_725_litten_by_edwinsantander59-dbh3yn2.png

Yog

Rogue
These look pretty good Edwin. The one comment I'll drop (since I've been struggling with the same thing recently), is that you can't have a shaky outline at all. The Magnemite looks better because the silhouette is distinct and solid, but parts of the Litten (e.g. the tail) have a hand-drawn feel because of the wavering lines.

Have you considered making these as vectors in Illustrator instead of drawing? It would ensure you get that defined outline, plus, in that way you can then use it's rendering capabilities to add lighting effects. here is one I did a while ago for example:

Fs4oBX1.png

Edwin Santander

Aspiring Trainer
These look pretty good Edwin. The one comment I'll drop (since I've been struggling with the same thing recently), is that you can't have a shaky outline at all. The Magnemite looks better because the silhouette is distinct and solid, but parts of the Litten (e.g. the tail) have a hand-drawn feel because of the wavering lines.

Have you considered making these as vectors in Illustrator instead of drawing? It would ensure you get that defined outline, plus, in that way you can then use it's rendering capabilities to add lighting effects. here is one I did a while ago for example:

Fs4oBX1.png
Im sure i can make a better work, but right now been working with the mouse-pad of the laptop, its hard, but i find a good way to make that such 3d without and out line, that's why magnemite have a better lines and no distorted one what i make with my pulse, that consist merging the outline with the same color and working with the layer selected, this way i can work more easily with out a "crappy pulse finished", thanks, and very good one mini tuto, i will stay working and practicing with the ken art, when i find the optimal technique will start to draw my own art.

Yog

Rogue
Oh wow man, that's just on a trackpad? That makes it more impressive again.

If you put as much time into art & graphics as you do, you should really consider picking up a drawing tablet. €150 well spent for me about five years ago and still going strong.

You can get a quality Wacom these days as cheap as €20 on ebay. That would be very small though, A4 paper size starts at around €60 (and worth every cent).

Edwin Santander

Aspiring Trainer
Oh wow man, that's just on a trackpad? That makes it more impressive again.

If you put as much time into art & graphics as you do, you should really consider picking up a drawing tablet. €150 well spent for me about five years ago and still going strong.

You can get a quality Wacom these days as cheap as €20 on ebay. That would be very small though, A4 paper size starts at around €60 (and worth every cent).

Im a simple academic without a stable job (i sells muffins, and the money goes all in the food for the week), and living in Venezuela, i cant allow me to buy an graphic tablet (in fact, in 4 months i could not buy a mouse), maybe in a future when i migrantes to other country will try to be a great artist in my free time. Thanks for your thoughts yog, and you know, have a nice day.

Yog

Rogue
Small typo in the first attack I think? Corkscrew Punch. Other than that, looks great.

Edwin Santander

Aspiring Trainer
missingno_gx_by_edwinsantander59-dbirhpt.gif

Lol! Totally forget my set, is so boring make basic cards, i Will try to make the gx at least :'v

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
Hello Edwin, I really like your work because the cards look so realistic. Your holo animation is also cool. I like the artwork of the Booster Pack and the attacks of Togepi GX most. Could you maybe make my text based Rayquaza GX as an image fake?

Rayquaza GX HP: 180 – Dragon
Basic

Ability: Dragon Cry
Whenever this Pokemon is damaged, you may search your Deck or your Discard Pile for a Basic Energy and attach it to this Pokemon.

[L][R][C] Powering Blast 110
Move as many Energy Cards as you want from this Pokemon to another of your Pokemon (at least one Energy).

[L][R] Final Strike GX
Knock out one of your opponent’s Pokemon, then shuffle this Pokemon and all Cards attached to it back into your Deck.( You can only use one GX attack per game).

Weakness: [N] x 2
Resistance: None
Retreat: [C]
Pokémon GX Rule: When your Pokémon-GX is knocked out, your opponent takes 2 Prize Cards.

I tried to do it playable because Rayquaza is my favourite Pokemon and in the Standard 2018 are no playable Dragons.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
lillie_fa_by_edwinsantander59-dbj79n9.gif
This is SO amazing! Is it possible for me to get it without the moving holosheet? Don't worry about it if it's too much trouble. I just really want to print it out and my computer won't let me do it with the gif :p

Ecko9i6

Aspiring Trainer
I already sent the image because jade is my friend, besides that image looks too grainy because it is still gif format. Anyway, the illegal sellers continue printing and selling them xd
Ahh okay, I didn't know you had sent it already :x Just thought I'd help out. Your work is pretty awesome Edwin, keep it up! Saludos de los Estados Unidos!