• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Creating a Chara

sakirose

Aspiring Trainer
I am just begining Pokemon and would like to design a good deck based around a Collectible Kit.

I bought this package Pokemon TCG: Charizard-GX Premium Collectible Cards, from Amazon, but have found that there are some Pokemon in the kit that requires Fighting Energy and I don't have that. It also came with Stage 1 and 2 Cards that evolve from a basic Pokemon that were not included.

What trainer deck do I need to ensure I have the correct energy and basic pokemon to work with the Collectible Kit that I bought?

kgamer7

Aspiring Trainer
Hello! The Charizard-GX box that you bought isnt really a kit, it is more of a collectors item that comes with a promo card and some packs. What you really need is a theme deck, a theme deck is a 60 card deck that the pokemon company assembles for new players so they can get a sense of how to build a deck. I would recommend either the Garchomp or Empoleon theme deck, the theme decks also come with a rules sheet and are around $12 if you're interested. Best of luck and i hope you really get into the game!!

sakirose

Aspiring Trainer
Hello! The Charizard-GX box that you bought isnt really a kit, it is more of a collectors item that comes with a promo card and some packs. What you really need is a theme deck, a theme deck is a 60 card deck that the pokemon company assembles for new players so they can get a sense of how to build a deck. I would recommend either the Garchomp or Empoleon theme deck, the theme decks also come with a rules sheet and are around 2 if you're interested. Best of luck and i hope you really get into the game!!

I really appreciate the kind and thorough response! Would either of the decks (Garchomp or Empoleon) be able to utilize these special Charizard state 1 & 2 cards...or is it more of an altar piece?

kgamer7

Aspiring Trainer
yeah no problem! To be honest....no one really plays Charizard-GX, it's more of a collectors item. But you can still make a deck out it if you wanted to, it would just require a lot of specific cards to support it that don't come in theme decks. I think your best bet would be to get some theme decks, learn how to build and play the game. Then after you get some practice and you still want to build charizard, then go for it. Also don't feel bad about buying the charizard box (if you are) because it comes with several packs and im sure you got some playable cards that will help you out down the road. We all got to start somewhere! (if you have anymore questions about pokemon feel free to personal message me because this thread is mainly for deck building so one of the staff members might move this conversation to a different thread)