Ruling Charon's Choice under BW Rules

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Card in question: Charon's Choice

Charon's Choice is, to date, the only Supporter that returns to your hand after you play it. You placed it down, then picked it up at the end of your turn. But that was before BW came around, where you discard Supporters straight out.

Obviously you still won't discard Charon's Choice, so what would you do? Would you:

A) Play and discard Charon's Choice, then return it to your hand at turn's end?
B) Play Charon's Choice, basically revealing it in your hand and never having it leave?
C) Play Charon's Choice like you would before - placing it down next to the Active and then picking it up?
D) Or something else altogether?

AmishEskimoNinja

Hating durant since 11/16/11
Pesky unlimited rules problems....

Anyway I'd say you should follow the rules as listed on the card. Put it next to the active pokemon instead of discarding it. Then pick it up at the end of your turn.

47bennyg

Hmmmm
Agreed. It's not a typical supporter, it has specific rules for itself, which should override what you normally do with supporters.

Spidy

Aspiring Trainer
Silly DNA with your hard questions.

anyway, i would guess you would discard it then return it to your hand at the end of the turn.
BW rules say you discard supporters immediately now. it seems like the most similar thing to do while still following the new rules.

I'm gonna see if i can find an official answer.

Spidy

Aspiring Trainer
i got the official answer
came straight from pokepop
You would put it right back into your hand after you have finished playing it.
Since it is a Supporter, you can't play it again that turn.
That is the intent: To use it once in a turn and keep it for future turns. There's nothing special about it sitting there for the duration of the turn.

i was wrong :(

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
That would mean the answer is B! Excellent to know.