• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Buzzwole Garb for Oceania

formula1man

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Hi everyone. I have been playing competitively for about 4 months now and I am trying to pick a deck for the international coming up. I started out playing Goli/Garb and had some decent league challenge success with it getting a few top 8s with it. I switched to Zoroark/Golisopod when it came out and have struggled with it. I think it is a little complicated for me as I’m still inexperienced. I have decided I really want to play Garb at the tournament as I enjoy that style of play. I am testing buzz/Garb below and still trying to work it out. If I can’t get it how I like I will switch to the Memphis final goli Garb list as I am familiar with it.

Below is my buzz Garb list, but it just really struggles with draw support especially late game which I know is a common problem witch Garb decks.

Let me know what you think or if there is an architype I should play which might be a little friendlier to play which will allow me to have fun at the tournament.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 4 Buzzwole-GX CIN 57
* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 117
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Trubbish GRI 50
* 2 Garbodor GRI 51
* 2 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Lillie SUM 122
* 3 Acerola BUS 112
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 N NVI 92
* 4 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 4 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 11

* 4 Rainbow Energy SUM 137
* 4 Strong Energy FCO 115
* 3 Fighting Energy 6

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

biffthepotato

It's Wednesday M'dudes
Wow nice list.

the only thing I would change would be:

-1 Fighting fury belt
+1 rescue stretcher

This is not needed but I personally think that it is just to easy to prize your 1 stretcher or discard it early game, so I always play 2 in my decks. And you don't really need 4 FFBs three is all you need.

Hope I helped.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
I really like your list! I came up and played with a Buzzwole/Garbodor deck online and went on a 20-game win streak. My list is a bit different though.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 3 Buzzwole-GX CIN 104
* 1 Zygarde-EX FCO 54
* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 117
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 2 Trubbish BKP 56
* 2 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 37

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Acerola BUS 112
* 2 Po Town BUS 121
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 4 Guzma BUS 143
* 2 Parallel City BKT 145
* 1 Lillie SLG 62
* 1 Pokémon Fan Club GEN 69
* 2 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94
* 4 N NVI 92

##Energy - 11

* 4 Strong Energy FCO 115
* 7 Fighting Energy 6

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I remember trying the Trashalanche Garbodor and feeling like it made the deck clunky. I played this list over a month ago so I'd probably make some changes to it, but it was really strong when I did play it. I do like your list more. As far as changes, I would try and fit in a Special Charge since you mainly play Special Energy. I would also consider switching the FFB for Choice Band, only because you play Trashalanche and Garbodor can't use FFB.

Last edited:

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
OI! This list is really good. Like, REALLY good. I agree with Bergonzilla to ditch the Lillie for a Parallel City, unless you'd rather drop Brigette.
Parallel City is really good when you don't have to play Po Town (looking at you, Drampa/Garb). Because you're not opting for Regirock, I agree with play Fury Belt over Band. Only change I'd make other than adding a Parallel City is a Watch and Learn Sudowoodo. It can copy big attacks and take a sudden knockout out of nowhere, while yielding 1 prize. You might also wanna drop a Rainbow for a 4th Fighting due to Enhanced Hammer's popularity at the moment.