Finished Mafia XLVIII: Motfia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
I'm here guys! Sorry I had a power outage in my home yesterday, electricity returned 1 hour ago.
I don't want to miss the RVS, so ##VOTE: bbninjas just because I don't like cakes (except the ones with peaches and milk cream)

simsands

Half raccoon, half chipmunk

Even if it's an RVS vote, you should try to post a reason for your vote. He won't have anything to respond to, otherwise.

I'm here guys! Sorry I had a power outage in my home yesterday, electricity returned 1 hour ago.
I don't want to miss the RVS, so ##VOTE: bbninjas just because I don't like cakes (except the ones with peaches and milk cream)

I bet you're the one who's been stealing all the peach and milk cream cookies.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Mariano11887

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Two new pages of posts! Now that is what I like to see! I also see that Jade made a rather odd statement and T_E is... being interesting.

Except what's really to be gained from fluffy posts? They don't hurt, but they don't really help the game move forward either.
The idea is to stop people being like "I better not post anything because it'll just be fluff and then I'll be lynched" because that is false. You'd be surprised at how much fluffy posts move the game forward anyway. ;)

Fair, but it is still keeping people active, and there could be a scum slip from it. Of course it's better to keep that fluff at minimum.
There could be a scum slip from it? That is a weird expectation to have of RVS and fluff. ##UNVOTE: someone ##VOTE: Jade

Ok then everyone say your roles right now character and all
Let's not! :D Why did you suggest this?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
It could happen in maybe 1 in 35 games, and so it is a odd choice of a reason to explain why fluff could be useful.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
The idea is to stop people being like "I better not post anything because it'll just be fluff and then I'll be lynched" because that is false. You'd be surprised at how much fluffy posts move the game forward anyway. ;)
RVS votes are useless once the person voted has replied (unless scummy response), or ignored them. When you don't get a reaction that could point in a certain direction, what use is there keeping the vote there?
There could be a scum slip from it? That is a weird expectation to have of RVS and fluff. ##UNVOTE: someone ##VOTE: Jade?
Scum-slips are rare from fluff and RVS, even though this is the stage of the game where everyone's trying to figure out how they're going to survive, and it's that point of weakness for scum as well.
What do you mean I’m acting weird
I could say that YOURE acting weird
##UNVOTE
##VOTE
@bbninjas
Not sure if this is OMGUS or not, or if it's even too early to accurately say.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
One way to start discussing at the very beginning of the game is posting fluffy things and looking at the reactions of the people, so it's good to do it.

It's a bit early, but TE is attracting a little of my attention.
bbninjas asked you why you suggested everyone to claim their roles and you replied with an OMGUSy thing without answering his question.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
RVS votes are useless once the person voted has replied (unless scummy response), or ignored them. When you don't get a reaction that could point in a certain direction, what use is there keeping the vote there?
I'm not sure why you're saying this tbh

Not sure if this is OMGUS or not, or if it's even too early to accurately say.
What do you consider OMGUS again? Remember, this is a new player (so let's not repeat the discussion we had last game :p).

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
In all seriousness, pro-town play right now is to post at least 50% of the times you check this thread, and fluffy posts are absolutely fine atm! This is a 72 hour day, so we don't have the time to sit around waiting for people to post stuff. Dx
Got nothing else to really say? That post doesn't actually add anything - not fluff, not anything - to the discussion flow
Well, you kind of have to make up your mind and pick one or the other. Fluff posts are, by definition, posts that don't add anything to the discussion which most of the posts then could be considered as. :U

I'm actually reading Jade's odd post as kind of townie right now, because scum want to blend in as much as possible at this point. By making himself stand out, Jade's drawn attention to himself, which scum want to avoid early on.

Also ##Unvote
##Vote: GrandPanacea

The cake that was eaten definitely existed, and by lying about it, you're only trying to hide your own guilt. :U

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Here is your first vote count. I'm not a fan of day one so when I saw that there were six pages, I got a little worried, but you guys are spamming more than voting, so that's pretty rad.

Votes are listed in the order in which they were received. Voters' names are abbreviated, deal with it :>

NinjaPenguin: Lord bbninjas (0)
The Last Shaymin: bbninjas (0)
bbninjas: Gekki simsands TLS, Mariano, T_E (3)
simsands: quaking (0)
GekkisaiDaiNi: NP (0)
TOTAL_EPICNESS: Jade Gekki (1)
quakingpunch73: Lord (1)
Lord o da rings: GP, NP (2)
Mariano11887: Gekki, simsands (2)
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK: T_E (0)
Jadethepokemontrainer: bbninjas (1)
GrandPanacea: quaking (1)

bbninjas is at L-3.

Still plenty of time left in the day. Two of you have not met your posting requirements yet...

Day one ends Monday, January 15, at 3 PM CST. OH MY GOD I CAN PASTE

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Well, you kind of have to make up your mind and pick one or the other. Fluff posts are, by definition, posts that don't add anything to the discussion which most of the posts then could be considered as. :U
Okay, fair enough. You posted fluff, and fluff is fine atm, but to avoid getting caught up with definitions, I do think there's something different to note here: your post consisted of 1) a reason as to why people think you could be "lurking" 2) an obvious statement saying that you are now here.

No random votes
No random comments on people
No random comments on the discussion you weren't around for

You hadn't been around for a while, and so that is all stuff you could have easily done. The weird thing is that there's no comment on stuff that isn't about or directed at you, fluffy or otherwise.

I'm actually reading Jade's odd post as kind of townie right now, because scum want to blend in as much as possible at this point. By making himself stand out, Jade's drawn attention to himself, which scum want to avoid early on.
I'm a bit confused, how is Jade drawing attention to himself?

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Here is your first vote count. I'm not a fan of day one so when I saw that there were six pages, I got a little worried, but you guys are spamming more than voting, so that's pretty rad.

Votes are listed in the order in which they were received. Voters' names are abbreviated, deal with it :>

NinjaPenguin: Lord bbninjas (0)
The Last Shaymin: bbninjas (0)
bbninjas: Gekki simsands TLS, Mariano, T_E (3)
simsands: quaking (0)
GekkisaiDaiNi: NP (0)
TOTAL_EPICNESS: Jade Gekki (1)
quakingpunch73: Lord (1)
Lord o da rings: GP, NP (2)
Mariano11887: Gekki, simsands (2)
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK: T_E (0)
Jadethepokemontrainer: bbninjas (1)
GrandPanacea: quaking (1)

bbninjas is at L-3.

Still plenty of time left in the day. Two of you have not met your posting requirements yet...

Day one ends Monday, January 15, at 3 PM CST. OH MY GOD I CAN PASTE

Agreed, and I don't have any reason to keep my vote where it is. ##UNVOTE ##VOTE: @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Whoever kept saying that RVS isn't about switching votes doesn't get it. If we all voted and then parked, it would get us nowhere.

And-uh-Jade's post isn't scummy because every player in this game that's joined after me besides Lorde doesn't get why we RVS no matter how much I explain it. :mad:

Like 2 games in other forums that I used to frequent a long long time ago
And was posting your role Day 1 a strategy or remotely effective?
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: TOTAL_EPICNESS

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
You hadn't been around for a while, and so that is all stuff you could have easily done. The weird thing is that there's no comment on stuff that isn't about or directed at you, fluffy or otherwise.
Alright, fair enough.
I'm a bit confused, how is Jade drawing attention to himself?
It was because of his weird reasoning, which likely would have prompted questions and discussion.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
And was posting your role Day 1 a strategy or remotely effective?
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: TOTAL_EPICNESS
What do you hope to achieve from voting TE and asking this question? TE is new and I wouldn't be expecting them to be strategising at this level?

It was because of his weird reasoning, which likely would have prompted questions and discussion.
The "you could get scumtells"? I really don't think that Jade intended to have that prompt questions and discussion; it feels throw-away to me.

@Mariano11887 There's a likelihood that we'll be waiting a while for TE to respond, so waiting around for his response won't be a very efficient strategy for finding the best lynch today. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.